PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED]

lollicat
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I think that I have everything right, I'm on "step 3" of the installation, but I can't go further. If this is a host issue, I'm going to shriek and bash my cat against the laptop's keyboard. xD

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kaiuu/public_html/adoptables/inc/functions.php on line 13
Error connecting to MySQL

Can you help me? I'd like to get this going--OH SNAP MY CAT IS LICKING HER BOTTOM.

Blue Icebox
04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Um... that's because you entered the wrong mysql info...

They want you to enter it and they will connect after you enter to see if you entered it correctly! Usually, it wouldn't be admin@localhost... it usually would be admin as your user, then your custom name... The server is usually a url...

PS: EEEWWW what a cat? that is gross...

lollicat
04-25-2009, 11:22 PM
How does this look?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/lollicat08/argh.jpg

BMR777
04-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Some hosts require you to add your account name before the database user and database name, like mycpanelname_admin and mycpanelname_adopt. :)

The wrong info is what is causing that error.

lollicat
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Okay, it installed successfully, but now I get this in the admin area.

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/kaiuu/public_html/adoptables/admin.php on line 2153

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kaiuu/public_html/adoptables/inc/functions.php on line 183

And this in the home page of my site.

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/kaiuu/public_html/adoptables/inc/functions.php on line 183

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/kaiuu/public_html/adoptables/index.php on line 80

The URL is http://www.kaiuu.exofire.net/adoptables/

Blue Icebox
04-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Why? Doesn't THAT look pretty darn well? (just take away the /adoptables/ in your link! you installed in in the root domain!)

lollicat
04-26-2009, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I redid the script, and it works now. Thanks for registering, by the way xD

Blue Icebox
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
oh no... looks like something happened to your host!

lollicat
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Argh. It has some downtimes a lot. Like, a lot a lot. xD Usually they're only 5 minutes. D: