PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a free phpBB3 hosting script

Leon
08-05-2008, 09:01 PM
http://www.mihalism.com/mihalism-multi-forum-host

Apparently, there used to be a really good phpBB3 script here, but it seems that he link no longer works.

Does anyone happen to have a previous copy of this script they are willing to share? If now, does anyone have a free and powerful phpBB3 hosting script?

CCFC
08-05-2008, 11:32 PM
We should have a SMF and phpBB3 script here, it would attract more people. :)

BMR777
08-06-2008, 09:08 AM

If Mihalism doesn't come back online I may make a PHPBB script someday. I'd do a SMF but they're license is rather restrictive.

There are no other free PHPBB scripts I know of. There's one for $75 but that's just crazy! :P (Unfortunately I see some people here running the $75 script when mine is so much better and is free. :) )

BMR777

Ajof
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Plus MyBB is better than phpBB :D

Leon
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Ooh, I have an idea. Maybe, you can set up a script so that if the server has Fantastico or Installatron installed, the script can call upon those to make a forum.

lupus6x9
08-06-2008, 08:14 PM

If Mihalism doesn't come back online I may make a PHPBB script someday. I'd do a SMF but they're license is rather restrictive.

There are no other free PHPBB scripts I know of. There's one for $75 but that's just crazy! :P (Unfortunately I see some people here running the $75 script when mine is so much better and is free. :) )

BMR777

Well, how come you haven't released your SMF one?

Ajof
08-07-2008, 03:14 AM
As far as I know instalatron and fantastico don't have an API as far as I know and besides for free forums that wouldn't be very easy to manage. It would be nice for upgrading people to a premium forum.

Cruor
08-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Please make a phpbb3 one, mihalism have been closed for a very long time, if you wont
use their version as a base for it :) I have old release,

BMR777
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
mihalism have been closed for a very long time

How long exactly have they been closed?

A PHPBB script may be good for a future project. Once I release the MyBB Multiforums Subdirectory Version, however, I'll be taking a break from coding for a few weeks. Then I will probably start a secondary project. :)

BMR777

CCFC
08-07-2008, 11:41 AM
This site should sponsor SMF and phpBB3, the SMFXLL or w/e has been closed for months and months and the phpBB2 one maybe for weeks or months. IDK.

BMR777
08-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I am currently considering making either a PHPBB or SMF version in the future.

lupus6x9
08-08-2008, 07:54 PM
What about this one? http://www.nakagava.com/content/view/17/26/ I don't know how good it is, since I haven't tried it, but JEEZ you guys, SEARCH GOOGLE when you want to find things. :rolleyes:

powerchaos
08-08-2008, 08:53 PM
ok , becouse the link is death so i desided to post here a fresh link
and if you want to support me , then feel free to use my service on my website (or just click the ads :P )

www.powerchaos.info/phpbb/multiforum.tar

its not my creation its from the website that is death and it is version 3.0.1 (complete package , so dont install a phpbb version)
enjoy it as long it stays there

Greets From The Crasher

*edit*
i tryed out that script for phpbb2
it looks ok but the only big problem is that you need a reseller or a shared hosting panel ( whit a lot of subs)
it seems to conect to your cpanel to create then a sub dir (not mod rewrite)
and then the other problem is that you need to edit the hole script to let it works for you (it point to a other domain o.O )

Greets From The Crasher

twhiting9275
08-20-2008, 09:06 AM

echo (http://www.echophp.com) runs a pretty good (note, pretty good) script for phpBB3. Yeah, it's $75, but you can also lease it monthly, which helps as well if you don't want to pay $75 all at once. I run 2 or 3 copies of their script and have noticed very, very few issues.

This site should sponsor SMF and phpBB3, the SMFXLL or w/e has been closed for months and months and the phpBB2 one maybe for weeks or months. IDK.

Nobody's going to be working on phpBB2 any more, the thing is dead in the water, thanks to the phpBB individuals cutting everything off.

powerchaos
08-21-2008, 05:29 AM
i got a phpbb3 script ( probaly from that site :) )

i got it 6 months ago from a friend so i can share it
i will post a link when i founded the dir or after my work ( in less then 24 hours)

Greets From The Crasher

aussie02
08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
ok , becouse the link is death so i desided to post here a fresh link
and if you want to support me , then feel free to use my service on my website (or just click the ads :P )

www.powerchaos.info/phpbb/multiforum.tar

its not my creation its from the website that is death and it is version 3.0.1 (complete package , so dont install a phpbb version)
enjoy it as long it stays there

Greets From The Crasher

*edit*
i tryed out that script for phpbb2
it looks ok but the only big problem is that you need a reseller or a shared hosting panel ( whit a lot of subs)
it seems to conect to your cpanel to create then a sub dir (not mod rewrite)
and then the other problem is that you need to edit the hole script to let it works for you (it point to a other domain o.O )

Greets From The Crasher

i have one question about this script, how do i install MODs and stuff?

BMR777
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
If I remember correctly, with the Mihalism script, you have to do the PHPBB file edits manually. Then you have to add the SQL queries for the mod to the SQL file that is imported into the newly hosted forums. It's been forever since I used that script though. I do remember though that there is no way to run an SQL query on forums after they are made, so you must first install all mods before you open your site.

BMR777

powerchaos
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
it isnt bad to make that kind of multi mod ^^

if you can make it like the same way of working like the mybb scripts (sub dir version) then it is realy intresting and better then the scripts you can find :)

i use the phpbb3 script and i founded a little irritating problem

it works whit mysql to put the template in it but it doesnt load from that table (template) so its inposseble to put a custom logo on it

and for the rest , the scripts arent that good as the mybb script and the aef script , they are still the best :)

Greets From The Crasher

God of
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Like 1 month ago http://www.mihalism.com came back online with the same owner and stuff but now there domain has expired :(

He said he went bankrupt so he couldnt afford to keep the site up.

I hope he puts it back up ;\

twhiting9275
06-18-2009, 01:51 PM
*boggle*
$10 to renew your domain
$10/month for hosting on a shared account
Can't afford to keep the site up? Something is definitely NOT right there!

God of
06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
His site went up today again!!:
http://www.mihalism.net/

maddognoland
08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
His site went up today again!!:
http://www.mihalism.net/

http://www.mihalism.net/multiforum/

THE BEST!!!!