Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > AlexC

Notices

Conversation Between AlexC and Abronsyth
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 40
  1. Abronsyth
    05-12-2012 06:08 PM
    Abronsyth
    Hm...well...if you're okay with not having major differences between genders, then you can just draw without the different genders.

As for multi-colored fur, well, if I use GIMP, then I'd be able to do that...not in MS paint though, not without destroying the shading...but, as I said, on GIMP, since I can lock and add layers, I'd be able to make multi-hued pixel fur.
  2. AlexC
    05-12-2012 05:58 PM
    AlexC
    I can do up some sketches then - do you want different sketches for male/female, or do you think you can figure it out? xD

I'm not too picky with shading. I did want to ask you though; do you know how to do multi-color fur? Like agouti or cinnamon, where its got shots of different colors in it?
  3. Abronsyth
    05-12-2012 12:48 PM
    Abronsyth
    Sorry for not getting back to you...anyways, it'd work out really well if you sketched the rats, then I based them. I've done this before and it worked perfectly. Then it's more of a collaboration, and collaborations are fun :)

Also, how many different shades would you like me to use to shade/highlight a rat? I usually use around 5 or 4, usually 3 for shading, and 2 for highlights.
  4. AlexC
    05-09-2012 02:36 PM
    AlexC
    There are not any other artists for ratties - I had a few but they just vanished after a while, got bored I think.

I really like the style and shading, my only issue is the structure of the rat. The back and legs are fine, but the head is a bit too small (the skull is actually the largest bone in the rat's body - primarily because the rest of the skeleton is collapsable) and the tail is really big. If you're having a bit of trouble with it, perhaps do you want me to sketch out a "frame" and you color and shade over top of that? I can do sketchy frames in a very small amount of time, it would probably speed up your time as well.

Overall, I do like it, it's very cute, my only issues are size/structure.
  5. Abronsyth
    05-09-2012 10:43 AM
    Abronsyth
    Okay, re-made it, and, here is the final product. This is a Ruby-Eyed-White, fancy rat adult, nomming on a carrot. Fully shaded, and the color pallet used is included. I also added the 'rftw' siggy, just because...

So, how does it look?
  6. Abronsyth
    05-09-2012 10:02 AM
    Abronsyth
    Okay, so I'd like to talk about the over all style...with small-scale pixels, it can be difficult to make animals overly realistic, however, using my own style, which is slightly simplistic, but still give the illusion of realistic looks, I should be able to get work done a lot faster...basically, it is really nothing like your current style for RFTW...so, I'd like to know if you'd be okay with this? I just made an example, but then MS paint had a fit and destroyed it :T I'll remake it...and then show you the fully shaded example (colorations will be REW).

Also, are there any other official artists for Ratties, besides you and myself? I'd like to know so that I might be able to discuss such things with them..? If not, that's cool :)
  7. AlexC
    05-07-2012 02:44 PM
    AlexC
    Awesome, sounds fantastic! Can't wait to see them! :3
  8. Abronsyth
    05-07-2012 08:21 AM
    Abronsyth
    Okay, I have sketched out 3/4 adults, both the male and female lines for them, so 6 total. And, I randomly made them as the different breeds, but on Paint I'll alter them. I have to charge my camera, but after that I'll show you :)
  9. AlexC
    05-06-2012 04:23 PM
    AlexC
    alright, thank you. :3
  10. Abronsyth
    05-06-2012 03:48 PM
    Abronsyth
    Sorry, I never saw your reply! And, well, fairly realistic, though just barley stylized, it shouldn't subtract from them at all...I'll show you some basic sketches soon :)