Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Abronsyth

Notices

Conversation Between Abronsyth and Hall of Famer
Showing Visitor Messages 31 to 40 of 137
  1. Abronsyth
    03-10-2013 12:43 PM
    Abronsyth
    That doesn't sound too bad...well, 5 hours of coding might be hard, but it seems to go by quickly for me...and, yep, MA is supposedly shutting down at some point today. Lost a lot of activity and funding, I guess :/
  2. Hall of Famer
    03-10-2013 11:38 AM
    Hall of Famer
    Thx, it took me about 5 hours to complete this, so not that bad. I've begun working on the sidebar system now so the next version is around the corner. And MA is really shutting down? That I am surprised.
  3. Abronsyth
    03-10-2013 11:34 AM
    Abronsyth
    I saw that! Pure brilliance!
  4. Hall of Famer
    03-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Hall of Famer
    Guess what? The daycare system is complete, I will post a blog about it soon.
  5. Hall of Famer
    03-07-2013 12:56 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Thats good to know. XD

Id say it wont really take me too long, at least compared to the breeding system. I can probably finish this in a day or two, assuming I aint busy with schoolwork.
  6. Abronsyth
    03-07-2013 11:39 AM
    Abronsyth
    I rather like the first design :)

And, my! Don't you worry about over-doing/working yourself?
  7. Hall of Famer
    03-06-2013 10:07 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, and yeah Id say there is too much info displayed, but there's perhaps no need to worry since the finalized version is likely to allow admins to decide what info they want to display through ACP. You can select any of the following info for each adoptable: Type, Name, Owner, Level, Clicks and gender. The default will be name and level I guess.

Anyway I have two new possible designs at this point, which one do you like better?
    http://oi46.tinypic.com/35btd2d.jpg
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/f0nqxe.jpg

The first one is the standard version, which is easy to customize through ACP. The latter gives a more concise look, though it probably requires the name and level to be displayed with not much flexibility
  8. Abronsyth
    03-06-2013 03:25 PM
    Abronsyth
    It looks excellent, but a little cluttered with all of that information...maybe just show the name and the current level? Or maybe just the current level and number of clicks?
  9. Hall of Famer
    03-06-2013 03:11 AM
    Hall of Famer
    This is a preview of the preliminary design of the daycare system. It does not have pagination or ACP integration yet, but please lemme know what you think. I was wondering what information should be displayed below each adoptable:
    http://oi45.tinypic.com/iz5c2r.jpg
  10. Hall of Famer
    03-05-2013 04:42 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I am not sure if users should be allowed to click on multiple pets at a time or not. It seems to me that they are more like trying to accomplish some tasks than actually enjoying their time with adoptables. But anyway, we are designing an application primarily based on users interests, so if the majority of users want to click multiple adopts in a convenient way Id say why not?

It should work one way or the other, perhaps I can make both options available for admins. Like always, the script just needs to be a bit more flexible, a little bit more. XD

lol I wont say you've been bothering me or Tequila at all, its nice to hear feedback from members. Since we do not really have a 'support team' separate from the 'dev team' for a project with this small size of staff and memberbase, the dev staff are directly exposed to the customers. To some extent it's a good thing, since we hear directly from you gals, its easier to understand what people want from this script. The bad thing is that, well, its a bit more difficult to concentrate on coding for the next release when you are doing both development and customer support. Everything has its ups and downs, dont you think so?

Id definitely appreciate if you dont mind contributing adoptables to this script's default pets collection. Sure it will help more if other accomplished artists would love to help out, but this is purely voluntary work so I do not expect anything more than what are already being offered. We will need at least 4-6 species to start with though, especially with the breeding system's unit testing.