Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Hall of Famer

Notices

Conversation Between Hall of Famer and AlexC
Showing Visitor Messages 121 to 128 of 128
  1. AlexC
    03-11-2012 08:23 PM
    AlexC
    Alright, that's fine. xD I just wasn't sure if you needed more php experience or anything.

Hmm... with modding... I'm not sure really - I mostly browse the development and site based parts of the forum. Questions and Support, Modifications, Themes, Adoptable Buzz and Showcase a bit. I'll go wherever you want me though. Everywhere is fine with me. xD

What would my duties entitle? :3
  2. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2012 08:19 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Well dont get too excited yet, I was talking about something like a forum moderator. XD It is more similar to support team, like what Alonaria and Silverdragontears have been doing. At this moment I am not sure if the dev staff team needs to hire someone, but if I do I will make it clear.

Anyway as a forum mod you are still able to see what dev staff are discussing in a private forum. Though we do not recommend non-coders to comment on development threads, you are free to browse them and get a feel of what we are doing.

So if there are any specific sections on this support forum you want to mod, lemme know and I will see for this.
  3. AlexC
    03-11-2012 08:05 PM
    AlexC
    :DDDDD I would love to! And as for the PHP, I'm a very fast learner - if I don't know how to fix something, I'll figure it out by sheer force of will. And I'm quite well known in RL for being able to figure anything out if I'm allowed to play with it. Programs, software, toys, puzzles, machines, anything. PHP can't be that hard, can it? (Besides, my dad's a programmer - if I really need help, he can look at it)

I would be honoured to work on your team - I can organize and plan well and I'll get things done fast. :3
  4. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2012 07:57 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Ah thats good to know. I personally think you can be a moderator on this support forum, if you are able to figure out some basic PHP stuffand how to fix minor glitches/issues. The hard part should always be left to the Dev staff team, of course.
  5. AlexC
    03-11-2012 07:50 PM
    AlexC
    I'm pretty good at ripping things apart and putting them together in something decent. I can't program an itemshop or something custom, but give me an idea and I'll build something from scraps and snips of coding that I know get me what I want. I think the biggest thing I ever put together was an explore script - random endings, difficult to cheat, impossible to track paths. I was going to release it for v3 once my host stops glitching and you made a v3 mod forum.

Basically, I can make things. I wouldn't call it coding, but I can make a bunch of things using coding. I can fix it too, given a lot of time.
  6. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2012 07:42 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see. How good are you at PHP at this point? Dont worry I am not asking you to be a dev staff, just wondering.
  7. AlexC
    03-11-2012 07:40 PM
    AlexC
    No, I switched over to Mysidia too early to be considered for anything. xD I only run my own sites these days.
  8. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2012 07:21 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Are you a mod on Myadopts? Just curious.