Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Hall of Famer

Notices

Conversation Between Hall of Famer and AlexC
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 128
  1. Hall of Famer
    04-09-2012 03:15 AM
    Hall of Famer
    So hows your site so far? I hope it runs flawlessly now. If not, post your problems immediately. Mys v1.3.1 is a rather huge improvement over Mys v1.3.0, it should do the job much better than the previous version.
  2. AlexC
    03-29-2012 05:56 AM
    AlexC
    Hey HoF - I've got a question concerning advertising. I go on a few script directory when I'm searching for scripts for new projects - it would cost nothing to put Mysidia in there, and I could do a few of them within a couple of minutes. We just add a description, two links and that's it! Who knows, there could be a bunch of people going on them looking for this sort of thing and never finding it. It's faster then using google anyway.
  3. Hall of Famer
    03-26-2012 09:59 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Alright, sounds good to me so far. Also if you have trouble installing the site or getting it to work, send me a PM and I will take care of it.
  4. AlexC
    03-25-2012 09:11 AM
    AlexC
    Hey HoF, I created the install tutorial in questions and support - no screenshot tutorial yet, but that'll come later. If you could sticky it, that would be awesome.

EDIT: nevermind, it got sticked already.
  5. AlexC
    03-13-2012 08:20 AM
    AlexC
    Hmm, alright. If I was doing a screenshot/video tutorial, I should use the host most commonly used, or the preferred option. Maybe I'll talk to Nemesis abou being allowed to create a free account to test-install it.
  6. Hall of Famer
    03-13-2012 04:52 AM
    Hall of Famer
    umm people used to take 000webhost, but it is not quite friendly towards sites using somewhat of resources now. Nemesis actually is a good host for this script at the moment.
  7. AlexC
    03-12-2012 04:42 PM
    AlexC
    Would you happen to know what host is most often used for the script? I'm not sure which one to use. I think its either 000webhost or x10hosting, but I don't know - I figured if I should make a beginners guide, it should be using a host mostly used by beginners.
  8. Hall of Famer
    03-12-2012 04:24 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Indeed, I am amazed at how a site built with this script can potentially become of. MWC definitely is a good example, lol.

Well no worries, just keep me updated whenever progress is made. You may as well create a new thread for the installer, it does not seem to be much different from before though. I am considering a complete overhaul of the installer script someday, and definitely should be available before Mys v1.4.0 comes out.
  9. AlexC
    03-12-2012 04:07 PM
    AlexC
    Yeah, MWC is huge. And I think the script provides a unique chance for people who are either experienced coders or new ones. The core values are there, they don't have to build anything, but they can add and change to their heart's content.

I'm not sure when I'll get it finished - birthday parties and all for my siblings, but I'll try to do it as soon as possible. Question though - I followed the instructions you had in the v3 thread to install, but they didn't include some of the steps in the old tutorial. Is that the new way of doing it, or should the old tutorial still work?
  10. Hall of Famer
    03-12-2012 03:54 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Yeah, that may be true, but with some kind of work they surely can be popular. Look at Mywarriorcats, they really are quite impressive in terms of activity.

Alright then, thanks for doing this and I hope it will work out. And sure I can sticky the thread for you once you complete it.