Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Hall of Famer

Notices

Conversation Between Hall of Famer and solskenn
Showing Visitor Messages 61 to 66 of 66
  1. solskenn
    03-28-2012 04:03 PM
    solskenn
    Thank you, I'll look into it when i get home from school tonight. The only pages really giving me problems with that layout are the same ones that give me problems with any other layout. I am doing some work to try to fix it a little, but that's going slowly as I'm doing a trial and error. The main problem is either the right sidebar moves down, the profile box extends past the table and moves the right sidebar down, on some the link profile page makes the links vanish. One theme I installed has a glitch in the drop-down menu. It's various little problems that seem to repeat.

I'll also check out my forum thing too ^,^

this is what I found:
    $config['database']['table_prefix'] = 'mybb_';
  2. Hall of Famer
    03-28-2012 02:05 AM
    Hall of Famer
    I see. Check your config_forum.php file and see if the mybb prefix setting is wrong. It should be forum_ or mybb_, do not forget the underscore.

Also I do not recommend people to use the elements theme at this point, but if you really like it that much I believe its still possible to get it to work. Just change the css of elements, look for the settings for width.
  3. solskenn
    03-27-2012 11:11 AM
    solskenn
    Okay, Thanks for the tip, I was wondering why my two other members (close online friends) weren't showing up in the forums as well. Also a detail to point out in your script, most of your links end with .php which is mainly fine, except for linking to the BB forums. I had to edit the link to remove the .php for it to work. Otherwise it took me to that page I posted a screenie of on the "looking for coder" topic.

edit: it's still not auto registering site members to the forum, but I'll keep an active eye on it.
  4. Hall of Famer
    03-26-2012 10:32 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see. I look at your site already, there is one thing Id like to point out though. You will need to manually rebuild statistics of your forums when a new user registers. The cheapest way to do this is to go to maintenance tool and select recount/rebuild. If you do not do this, the new user will not appear as your newest member. It is definitely not a serious problem, but you do not want your forum statistics to be seriously outdated.
  5. solskenn
    03-23-2012 11:04 AM
    solskenn
    No, the idea was born recently. Am working on coloring some lineart I found via google for it. I know it's normally not an accepted practice, but I'm using the most generic lineart available (ones that I see about 3 or more of at least) and I also check for comments such as "free lineart".
    Depending on the answer of a friend I have that is taking college courses to eventually be a game designer, there is a chance it might be different than most pet sites I've yet to see. I'm thinking something along the lines of the style of Flexible Survivor (warning: that game has very mature content). If my friend can't do that... then I'm going to need someone familiar with the cpanel and hopefully able to at least help me get it off the ground.
    Right now I'm doing one of the free site things till we get it running well, but eventually I'll upgrade to a simple .com/net/org if all goes well.
  6. Hall of Famer
    03-22-2012 03:39 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Have you set up your site Portal Pets yet? Just curious, since I do not see a url.