Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Abronsyth

Notices

Conversation Between Abronsyth and Hall of Famer
Showing Visitor Messages 21 to 30 of 137
  1. Hall of Famer
    04-25-2013 03:19 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Oh thats nice, thanks for doing this really. ^^

Thats too bad, but you've recovered completely now havent you?

On a side note, I've fixed the css glitch with profile tabs, which used to break the dropdown menu css. Since you aint using dropdown menu, it may not matter much to you. Still, you may want to know the cause of the issue. It appears that both dropdown menu and tabs css were using the same css div class .hide, thats where the conflict was. So if you design your own css, make sure not to define a div class by the name of '.hide', otherwise it wont work with tabs.
  2. Abronsyth
    04-19-2013 09:38 AM
    Abronsyth
    Finished the baby rabbit and adult unicorn!

And, yeah, thinking my little sister brought home strep throat and decided to share...I think my immune system needs a break already.
  3. Hall of Famer
    04-19-2013 09:21 AM
    Hall of Famer
    That sounds really great, hopefully I will be using them to showcase Mys v1.4.0 features in summer. You have a doctor's appointment today? Good luck on that. ^^
  4. Abronsyth
    04-19-2013 08:54 AM
    Abronsyth
    If I get off my you-know-what then I can have 5 different base sets done by the end of April, as well as at least 2 color-ins for each. I just have 7 more bases to do right now...I should be able to get the baby rabbit and adult unicorn done before my doctor's appointment today :)
  5. Hall of Famer
    04-18-2013 06:21 AM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, I completely understand, just curious. Starting by the end of April or the beginning of May I will be posting previews of new features for Mys v1.3.4, so I was just wondering if these official default pets are available to be used by then. It's not a must for Mys v1.3.4 though, but I do expect to use them in Mys v1.4.0 that will be developed during the summer. I really appreciate what you've done. ^^
  6. Abronsyth
    04-17-2013 10:51 AM
    Abronsyth
    Been busy with things lately, and going through an art crisis (it happens at least 2x a year)...I've been practicing a lot with pixeling lately, and have found that one, I am much better at making pixel pets, and two they're much easier to create...that being said I think I'll be making a series of default pixel pets for Mysidia :) I can show you some examples and see what you think..?
  7. Hall of Famer
    04-17-2013 10:45 AM
    Hall of Famer
    Hi there Iris, I was wondering if you are still making new default/official pets for Mysidia Adoptables. I like what you've done before, they are really nice.
  8. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2013 04:46 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Yeah it shouldnt, if everything works out right the next version is released someday between this Saturday to next Wednesday.

I see, you bring up a very good point. Freehosts like Myadopts always have limitations on what things you can use, however many features they have. Some people are okay with this, others prefer a more customizable site of their own. Its unfortunate how MA ends like this, it really was quite popular even at the end of its days. From a coder's point of view I dont consider BMR as a good coder(at least not when he wrote RA/MA), but I thank him from the bottom of my heart to inspire me on the coding of a PHP script. Without this script, I wouldnt have been half as good as I am at programming.

Thanks for saying this, I do love to hear feedback from users of the script to see what they want most from an adoptables site. After all, even now I still need to continue to improve my skills, both for PHP programming and the ability to make a script based on demand. XD

Tbh I havent, the issue appears to be more than I can handle. If I still cant figure this out by Mys v1.4.0, I may have to abandon the AJAX tab system and use something else for the profile page. By Mys v1.5.0 I plan to implement a customizable battle system with simple AI settings, some AJAX features and flexible plugin/extension system. I am still not good at AJAX atm, but I sorta find a solution now. I is a bit tricky, but everything will fall into pieces.
  9. Abronsyth
    03-11-2013 02:36 PM
    Abronsyth
    Well, hopefully it won't take too long :) It's good that you have break coming up! I don't get my spring break until the first week of April :/

Yeah, myadopts was pretty amazing while it lasted. It's the first place I ever, EVER got interested in making websites, "serious" artwork, and coding of any sort. It also taught me so much about creating a successful (and many not so successful) site, managing members and keeping them interested, good features to add...not to mention I met most of my favorite people there XD I think part of the problem is that a lot of people have lost interest and are more interested in "more" in a site, they want to add features and customization that a host just doesn't allow for. That and I'm not sure if Brandon really has any interest in keeping it running for any longer...he has a lot more in life to focus on now.

Anyways, really looking forwards to 1.3.3! You've been doing an amazing job of meeting the demands of the users and expanding the script. Plus the newer updates have been less and less buggy, which is to be expected but awesome all the same!

Ah, one thing I did want to ask you about- have you all figured out the magical disappearing nav bar problem yet? (Referring to when the drop down menu disappears when viewing a user's profile). Also, because I'm curious, at this point in time what are your plans, if you have any, for Mysidia 1.5.0? What do you hope to have accomplished by that point?
  10. Hall of Famer
    03-10-2013 12:50 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Yeah, its actually pretty quick for me. The sidebar may take a bit longer, depending on how complex I want it to be lol.

umm thats kinda bad, but even till the end BMR still has this many dedicated members staying with him. Guess he must've done a great job keeping the community together. Actually I wouldnt mind lending my dedicated server for him to run it if funding is the issue, its pretty much unused since the activity on my sites and forums is low enough. You may ask him, but only if hes still interested in running MA.