Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Abronsyth

Notices

Conversation Between Abronsyth and Hall of Famer
Showing Visitor Messages 111 to 120 of 137
  1. Abronsyth
    04-29-2012 06:04 AM
    Abronsyth
    Sorry for the late reply...I was a little busy XD Anyways, here's a more in depth description of the stats system I have in mind:
    Veiw Pet Page:
    Pet Name :: gendersymbol
    pet image
    Intelligence: {random integer ranging from 0 to 50 that is set as soon as pet is adopted/created}
    Temperament: {random integer ranging from 0 to 50 that is set as soon as pet is adopted/created}
    Strength: {random integer ranging from 0 to 50 that is set as soon as pet is adopted/created}
    Stamina: {random integer ranging from 0 to 50 that is set as soon as pet is adopted/created}
    Speed: {random integer ranging from 0 to 50 that is set as soon as pet is adopted/created}
    all of those links XD

I hope that makes sense and is slightly more in depth...that's also a slight edit to the view pet page...anyways, the integer should be completely random, here's the mathematical layout for the integer (x represents the stat integer):
    0 < x ≤ 50
    (reads as; X is greater than {but not equal to} 0, and less than {or equal to} 50)

Hope that all makes sense :)

Thanks,
    Iris
  2. Hall of Famer
    04-25-2012 04:22 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Why not? Explain the stats system in details if you want to. XD
  3. Abronsyth
    04-25-2012 03:41 PM
    Abronsyth
    Yeah...that and a lot of rather rude people hand about there, so I try to avoid it...

...well, haha, that's good, I suppose, that my stats system seems simpler XD Would you like me to explain it more thoroughly?

As for the cronjobs...as someone who knows PHP about as well as I know Latin (not at all)...well...not sure XD The interactivity I can do without for a very long time...perhaps when I have more time to look into it I can attempt to figure it out XD
  4. Hall of Famer
    04-25-2012 03:26 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Oh the DA forums, and yeah they probably should just start using forum engines like vbulletin. This way it wont creep members out lol.

I actually have the breeding overhaul planned for Mys v1.3.3, but if demand is high I may consider doing it for Mys v1.3.2 that will be released in the second or third week of May. Your stats system looks a lot simpler than the one I am making for Mys v1.4.0 though, so I can make a custom one for you. And what do you think about the idea of cronjobs? Better google it and see what you can do about time-dependent events. XD
  5. Abronsyth
    04-25-2012 03:22 PM
    Abronsyth
    I saw your comment, didn't reply because the DA forums creep me out, hehe, anyways, in regards to said comment, I'm willing to wait for the stats script...as for the breeding script, if you could come up with something next weekend, I'd be forever grateful, of course, if you don't think you have the time then please don't!

Hm...I'll continue looking into the other two though...by June I should be able to come up with a way to pay a programmer...so I suppose I'll wait and see...
  6. Hall of Famer
    04-25-2012 03:01 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, that sounds somewhat interesting. Did you read the comment I wrote on your deviantart question?
  7. Abronsyth
    04-25-2012 02:38 PM
    Abronsyth
    Not...well...exactly...because I am continuously redesigning the idea and concept, and can't seem to settle on one idea...otherwise it would be fine XD
  8. Hall of Famer
    04-25-2012 12:57 AM
    Hall of Famer
    Hows your site doing so far?
  9. Hall of Famer
    04-09-2012 05:00 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, thats so good to know. I was quite worried when Mys v1.3.0 wouldnt work for you, seems that it was all because of adoptables table ids issue. XD Hope you build a successful site with the new script, now that old glitches are essentially all gone. ^^
  10. Abronsyth
    04-09-2012 04:56 PM
    Abronsyth
    No other problems. Everything else is going perfectly, no login issues, no randomly disappearing pets, all is well :)