Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tutorials and Tips (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Installing the MAS (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1663)

budz 11-09-2011 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamila (Post 19161)
Oh poo. ._. The FileZilla wasn't able to connect to the mysql server-thing. o-o Do any of you think you know what I've done wrong?

You have to enter your FTP server details.
To get their go to FTP details in your cPanel

~I'm pretty sure it only works in 000webhost~

~~
Server name > Username/db > password > port (idk if you need to use it speciffically) > quick connect.
~~
Now you should be on :B if you need anything else (is hoping your using 000webhost) just ask.

Gashu 11-12-2011 08:53 AM

For some reason, I can't find the "adoptables" folder which I'm supposed to open. Where could this be?

superdude44 11-13-2011 03:35 PM

hello, I cannot connect to filezilla. when i click connect it says Connection attempt failed with "EHOSTUNREACH - No route to host. Is this a bad problem?

-thanks

Hall of Famer 11-13-2011 04:24 PM

@Gashu: Well the folder is usually not named "adoptables" on your site(it is just a sample folder name, which varies with users), it is referred to the very folder that contains all script files of Mysidia Adoptables.

@Superdude44: This is indeed a very strange problem, chances are your webhost either provided you with wrong login info or the server was experiencing some technical difficulties. Id recommend you to submit a ticket to your host to make sure if the server was working properly.

eleng555 11-17-2011 05:42 PM

I'm having trouble with step 10. I can't open it in fire zilla! Any ideas? this is what it tells me:
Status: Resolving address of mysql8.000webhost.com Delete MySQL Database and User
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EAI_NODATA - No address associated with nodename".
and what I've got entered: (I'm using 000webhost.com)
host: mysql8.000webhost.com
User:********_data
Pass:***********
I've got my user number it gives me and my set password in the asterisks (stars). What I just user the host as: 000webhost.com, it loads more stuff, but still fails to connect.
here's what it tells me:
Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 18:40. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Command: USER ********_data
Response: 331 User ********_data OK. Password required
Command: PASS ***********
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server
I starred out my user number, and "data" is the name I gave my database. Creative, huh?

superdude44 11-26-2011 05:52 PM

the tutorial has one flaw. It says to copy the info from the mysql thing, but it's really from the ftp login. anyways, i found out the error and resolved it. Basically what i stated above. now i'm stuck once again. In my MAS folder i don't have the folder 'adoptables'

SOLVED: I found out it's called installation on later versions.

okmmet 12-12-2011 03:03 PM

What??

So i followed it and then when i got to the last step it redirected me to this site: http://x10powered.com/errors/404.shtml
I dont know where i messed up! Please help me!!! :cfrown::cfrown::cfrown:

SilverX 01-28-2012 09:32 AM

I've got a question, about 000Webhoster or whatever it's called, the nameservers, and File Zilla.
1) - How do you change your name server? I can't figure it out, even after reading the FAQ they have. :ooo:

2) File Zilla keeps giving me this error:
Response: 530 Login authentication failed
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I entered my password, username, blah blah, but that always happens. Oh yeah; What's the Host supposed to be? :el: I'm confused beyond hope.
And is my username my E-mail or whatever I filled out as my username for 000WebHost?
Because when I try to log in with my username, It gives me an error message. When I log in with my E-mail, it doesn't.

:colonzero: <-Hopelessly confused, -Silver

Silvercivet 02-08-2012 03:25 PM

I got to the step where you open a new tab and put in yoursite.something etc and it keeps coming up as this: http://error404.000webhost.com/?

All the steps were done up until this point exactly like the tutorial

Corsair 02-08-2012 03:29 PM

what's your site's url?

Silvercivet 02-08-2012 03:32 PM

http://tirnanog.freeiz.com/

Corsair 02-08-2012 04:08 PM

hmmm seems like you didn't install it right.

Silvercivet 02-08-2012 04:19 PM

How so? What can I do to change it?

Corsair 02-08-2012 05:00 PM

try doing it again and make sure to read this istall tutorial and any text in the install page.

First you need to clear your database.

Silvercivet 02-08-2012 05:06 PM

I accidently deleted Public_html when deleting everything, is there a way to get it back?

Silvercivet 02-08-2012 06:15 PM

I think I fixed the file delete problem, I went through the steps again but am getting the same issue

herbaceous 02-14-2012 12:21 PM

Edit edit.

Got to it work.
Thank you <3

SilverX 02-16-2012 11:49 AM

Okay, I'm using 10xwebhost and I followed all the instructions, but whenever I visit my website I get a 404 error! :ohnoes:

www.silverxstudios.x10.mx/install/index.php

Help?

alice everdeen 08-20-2012 04:56 PM

Re

Hello! I was wondering if you may do a tutorial for non-click website, hosted on proboards.

Aasixx 08-20-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alice everdeen (Post 24519)
Hello! I was wondering if you may do a tutorial for non-click website, hosted on proboards.

These forums are just for the Mysidia Adoptables script.. You may want to check somewhere else for a tutorial like that.

Seasparkle 10-30-2012 07:36 PM

Hello! I hope... that maybe someone will answer me. I have a question reguarding the last parts of installations.

The form is below... Can someone tell me what goes into the Database name option? It seems so simple but im missing it :(

Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.1 Installation Wizard
Step 3: Database and Site Configuration

This page will set up your config.php file which is responsible for handling database and configuration information for your installation of Mysidia Adoptables.

Database Information:

Database Host:

Database User:

Database Password:

Database Name:

Domain Information:

Domain Name:

You must enter your domain name in the form of yoursite.com ONLY! DO NOT include the http:// or www. portions of the domain.

Script Path:

Your script path tells Mysidia Adoptables where it is installed on the server relative to your domain. If you have uploaded this script to the ROOT of your domain name then leave the Script Path box blank. If you installed this script in a subfolder, such as adoptables, then put the folder name with a slash before it, such as /adoptables in the Script Path box.

Database Table Prefix:

The table prefix determines how the tables in your database are named. In most cases, the adopts_ prefix will do, however if you are running multiple copies of Mysidia Adoptables on the same database, change the table prefix.

Hall of Famer 10-31-2012 08:32 AM

Well did you create a database, username and password in cpanel? These are preliminary steps that must be completed before installing the script.

Seasparkle 10-31-2012 12:08 PM

I am using Yahoo's webhosting. So its a bit different. I might switch to web000 since it seems to be the one to work with for this.

Here is my error -

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
•The website is under maintenance.
•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Kamalya 01-21-2013 10:43 AM

DO NOT use 000web

They will cancel your account and give you no reason as to why, it seems they consider an adoptable site "online gaming" and if you are using a free account then they just flat out get rid of your account.

Wanted to warn any one thinking of using it, I used them after seeing this tutorial and that's what happened to me.

LazyDaisy 02-10-2013 04:09 PM

500 Internal Server Error

Every time I try to do the install wizard, I get this message
Quote:

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
I am using x10hosting. Please help!

***EDIT*** Ok, I got that fixed, but now it is taking forever to load! I fill out this page http://www.adoptablestest.x10.mx/ins...dex.php?step=3
then click 'continue installation' and it has been almost two hours and the next page still has not loaded... Please Help!!!

ChibiMaestro 02-11-2013 01:51 AM

That's weird.
Maybe because the server's busy since many people at that time use it?

Try at a different time again? The site's working perfectly speedy for me :)

LazyDaisy 02-11-2013 04:41 AM

I think I didn't create a database on x10hosting.com. How do I create one, and how do I put anything in it? Your directions say nothing about this

ChibiMaestro 02-11-2013 10:03 AM

Sorry about not mentioning it.
You'l find somewhere on the control panel about 'MySQL databases'.
If you have a MySQL database wizard, that's even better.

Create a database (basically give the database a name), and a user (username and password). Add the user to the database with all permissions.

For example, your database could be sitename_adopt
and your user account could be sitename_user
You enter those details along with user account password on the installation forms.

I will make a more clear and updated version of the installation soon :)

Brookreed 03-10-2013 09:00 AM

Posting this here because I didn't want to make a whole new thread for something easily fixable (or so I hope). ^-^

Quote:

11. Once connected
You will see a box on the left side, open the MAS unzipped file up, and enter the "adoptables" folder. Select ALL files INSIDE the "adoptables" folder and double click into "Public_html" on the other box at the right. And then DRAG the selected files from the left box to the right box.
So, um, where's this supposed "adoptables" folder? I looked aorund in my script folders, and I couldn't find it. I tried searching all of my files, and it didn't come up. I just downloaded the newest script, so am I missing something or not looking in the right place?

Other than that, this guide has been extremely helpful :)

Hall of Famer 03-10-2013 11:36 AM

Oh yeah this one actually was for the old Mys v1.1.x installation guide lol, although I do believe Chibi edited it to work with Mys v1.2.x. In the latest script the folder structure is a bit different.

Anyway with the newer script, the folder is simply called 'Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.x' I believe.

Brookreed 03-10-2013 04:26 PM

Alright, I think I understand. Also, where is this "Public_html" file that I need to open?

Dodgery 03-15-2013 11:40 AM

At the very beginning of the files, Brook :)

Ghostwriteres 05-17-2013 03:37 PM

I try to go to the install/index.php on the end of my website and it keeps going to a 404 Not Found error. I followed the directions to the letter, is there somthing I did wrong?

Sorry also using the x10 hosting.

Techwolf77 05-20-2013 06:01 PM

File Zilla won't connect! Trying to remake my website!

gloryKAT 07-23-2013 11:27 AM

Strict Standards: Declaration of File::getBasename() should be compatible with SplFileInfo::getBasename($suffix = NULL) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php on line 19

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php:19) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_file.php:19) in /home/magicval/public_html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

This is appearing in the background on my site :littlecfrown:

Hall of Famer 07-23-2013 02:38 PM

Umm which version of Mysidia Adoptables are you using? If its Mys v1.3.3, try edit the file class_file.php and change 'public function getBasename()' to 'public function getBasename($suffix = NULL)'.

gloryKAT 07-23-2013 03:54 PM

It's fixed now, thanks.

Hall of Famer 07-23-2013 11:42 PM

No worries, does this also fix the session warning messages?

Lyrastrae 07-29-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

8. Access the folder "inc"
Access the folder "inc" and select "config.php", then click the "change permissions" button, and then make it so the numbers says "777". And click "Change Permissions".
I'm looking at the "inc" folder, but I do not have a "config.php" file. I have a "config_adopts.php" and a "config_forums.php" though. Should I be changing them?

Tequila 07-29-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyrastrae (Post 27643)
I'm looking at the "inc" folder, but I do not have a "config.php" file. I have a "config_adopts.php" and a "config_forums.php" though. Should I be changing them?

Change "config_adopts.php" to "config.php". The file names were modified for instances where people needed to upgrade their installations.