Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Warning function.session-start Error - Can't Log In (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3943)

Zayin 01-01-2013 03:10 PM

Warning function.session-start Error - Can't Log In

Hi,
I installed Mysidia ver 1.3.2, and have had errors every, single, possible step of the way. Right now I have this:
Code:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/86/10005386/tmp/sess_t32nvobci8bt4o571g187101g3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/86/10005386/html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/86/10005386/html/classes/class_session.php:13) in /home/content/86/10005386/html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/86/10005386/html/classes/class_session.php:13) in /home/content/86/10005386/html/classes/class_session.php on line 13

It pops up over my home page. I can't log in, because the session can't get off the ground. I've tried reinstalling it multiple times, reencoding files with UTF-8 (No BOM), checking for spaces, updating php, searching forums...

So please help me out. What's going on here? :catfish:

Zayin 01-03-2013 02:15 PM

Well, I figured out the problem. As it turns out, since I'm hosted with GoDaddy, there was a problem with writing session data to a directory that either didn't exist, or was denied permission to write. So for anyone else with this horribly misleading error, here was the solution:
PHP Code:

session_save_path('/home/content/blah/blah/html/temp'); 

I inserted this line into class_session.php, just before session_start(), replacing that path with the absolute file path for my host. I then made a file called "temp" and made it writable, so bazinga. It works now, I can log in to mysidia. :meow:

Hall of Famer 01-03-2013 02:37 PM

Oh interesting, never thought there were hosting companies with this kind of issue. Nice discovery.

Zayin 01-04-2013 06:17 PM

Yeah, it took a long time to come to that conclusion. I kept looking through the code for a space, or reencoding the files, uploading them in binary, the kinds of things you'd expect from a header exception.

Another thing specific to my hosting is that they had the php set to version 5.2 by default, which caused the scripts not to work at all. I eventually found one of the topics here about there being a php bug, so I had to go into my control panel and find the switch to turn in to 5.3. Lol, don't know why they had it set to 5.2 :hmmm:

Hall of Famer 01-05-2013 09:33 PM

Well there are still about half of webhosts using PHP 5.2 right now, in future the situation will get better.