Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Login Problem (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5182)

parayna 09-03-2016 07:00 PM

Login Problem

I remember having this problem before.. sometimes a user will just stop being able to login randomly? Seemingly for no reason? My admin account, Yurash, just stopped being able to login. I've tried changing the password using the PHP MyAdmin bit, tried changing the username.. I'm using WAMP so can't request a password reset as I don't have an email set up XD

I then made a new account and it can log in fine, and logout again with no problems... I can't see why Yurash just stopped working? I do recall a similar issue before XD

Do I need to delete Yurash and use the new one instead, and promote them?

I'd prefer not to as I'd have to reset the UID to 1 again and delete all instances of Yurash from the database and I have forgotten how to do it XD (I'm OCD about the UID, I hate having the admin account not being 1! Accounts after that are fine, as I might need to delete users... XD)

Thank you~ (If I do need to delete Yurash, what do I need to put into the SQL bit of the PHP MyAdmin to set the UID to 1 and delete all instances of Yurash? XD I really should write it down....)

Demonwolf37 09-10-2016 07:06 PM

I'm also having this problem, and all I can figure out is that it'll either randomly start working again, or it just won't and you'll have to make a new account.

How do you promote an account to admin?

Hall of Famer 09-10-2016 08:14 PM

Well this issue happens to a few people, but no one had found the cause for it yet. I suspect it may be resulted from reinstalling the script without clearing up database first, or those who may have pressed back buttons during installation steps. I don't think it should happen to fresh installation though.

Demonwolf37 09-11-2016 10:42 AM

That's weird... I had thought I had started an entirely new database when I did this one... (I had to reupload the script 3 times because I kept running into issues) It's so strange that after all this time no one has figured out the cause... Luckily it's an easy work-around though!

Hall of Famer 09-11-2016 12:23 PM

Well reuploading/reinstalling the script wont make it a fresh installation, what you need is to clear up the tables and data rows in the database of your adoptables site. Its easy to do this in phpmyadmin, just select all tables and click 'drop', which will delete all existing tables.

Demonwolf37 09-11-2016 12:40 PM

What I meant was that I thought I had created a new database in between installations hoping that I had just made an error before and that a new database would fix it. But I can't be sure.