Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Feature Requests (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Some More Breeding Options (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3417)

AlexC 12-28-2011 09:35 AM

Some More Breeding Options

So I know that breeding is a massive part of some people's sites, so there is always people asking for new features, but based upon what I've seen, perhaps some of the features below would be a good idea to implant in future releases?

Obviously these features could be toggled in the admin area or whatever.

+ Stop breeding at certain stage - people who want realistic sites and know some animals can't breed after a certain age, or shouldn't.

+ Gestation period - already has a thread, but I thought I'd mention it.

+ Litters - perhaps have it like Dragon Cave has it - they breed litters, but you can only select one baby to take? ADDED: It would be nice to choose the minium and maximum amount of babies they can breed in one go and then it's random between that.

+ Breeding chance - there is a possibility that your pets won't breed.

+ Breeding Seasons - only allow your pets to be bred within a certain time frame.

There are probably some I have missed, but whatever. I know this is all a lot of work, but I know that for 1.3.0 the breeding script is being redone, so perhaps it could be considered for future releases?

Abronsyth 12-28-2011 12:10 PM

Instead of having massive litters, I think that the admin should be able to put something like:
Minimum Number of Offspring: [####]
Maximum Number of Offspring: [####]

Because, realistically, say I have a ferret, it's not going to be able to pop out 20 babies at once! So, for each pet created, it can have a set variable, for example:
x<# of offspring<y (more than [or equal to] x and less [or equal to] than y). Makes sense, no?

Everything else = support

AlexC 12-28-2011 12:12 PM

I'll change that - it would be nice to change how many babies you can have.

SilverDragonTears 12-28-2011 06:13 PM

Breeding chance is easy and I have it on my site.
Make a new field in your adoptables table called bredchance and set it to whatever number you want.
This would go somewhere in your breeding script.
PHP Code:

$bredtemp rand(0,100);
if(
$bredtemp <= $bredchance){
$article_content "These two don't seem very interested in each other right now. Try again in a week.";    
}    
else{
run query to insert bred offspring 

Hall of Famer 01-02-2012 12:29 PM

Id say these are quite nice suggestions, I will take into consideration while producing Mys v1.3.0. The main new features are already completed, and I am currently in the stage of improving existing features. As SDT said, it is not difficult to get breeding chance/probability to work.

Abronsyth 01-05-2012 03:40 PM

Oh, I have one more breeding suggestion! Breeding Seasons, basically letting an admin choose that a certain pet can only be bred from 'this date' to 'this date'. Again, makes things more realistic, or at least gives to option for more realism.

AlexC 01-05-2012 05:37 PM

That is an awesome idea - I'll add it! ^.^

Hall of Famer 01-06-2012 01:06 PM

Well this does sound like an interesting suggestion too Iris. The new admin control panel will definitely improve the controllability of breeding system, hopefully it will come out nicely.