Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Templates and Themes (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SIDEFEED Location? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3923)

Hedgen 12-15-2012 11:35 PM

SIDEFEED Location?

Where is the :SIDEFEED: information located? I want to reorganize the Main theme's Side Feed to be above the site name, instead of being in a list.
Something like this:

Nieth 12-15-2012 11:37 PM

Classes, Class_page.php

Look for the function

'private function getsidebar'

Hedgen 12-15-2012 11:56 PM

Thank you for your quick responses! :) And thanks! it would have taken me a whole day to figure out where they are stored.

Hedgen 12-16-2012 12:46 AM

How do I rearrange the sidefeed? I took the list out but it still shows it vertically instead of horizontally.
I have only edited $sidebar so far to not include the <li> and stuff but all it did was remove the Bullets, is there a special css file it uses?
  Spoiler: Code for :SIDEFEED: 

Code:

private function getsidebar(){
          //This function determines what shows in the side bar of the template

global $mysidia;
        if($mysidia->user->isloggedin == TRUE) {
                $msgctr = "<a href='messages.php'>Messages</a>";               
                $data = $mysidia->db->select("messages", array("touser"), "touser='{$mysidia->user->username}' and status='unread'")->fetchAll();

if(count($data) > 0) $msgctr = "<a href='messages.php'>Messages <b>(".count($data).")</b></a>";
                $sidebar = "You have {$mysidia->user->money} {$mysidia->settings->cost}.<br />
                          <a href='donate.php'>Donate money to friends</a><br />
                          <a href='adopt.php'>Adopt New Pets</a>  <a href='pound.php'>Acquire Pounded Pets</a>  <a href='myadopts.php'>Manage Adoptables</a>  <a href='account.php'>Go to My Account</a>  {$msgctr}<a href='changestyle.php'>Change Theme</a>  <a href='logout.php'>Log Out</a>";

$row = $mysidia->db->select("users", array("uid", "username"), "username='{$mysidia->user->username}' and usergroup='1'")->fetchObject();               
                if(is_object($row)) $sidebar .= "<li><a href='admincp/'>Admin Center</a></li><br />";
        }
        else {
                $sidebar = "<b><u>Member Login:</u></b><br />
                <form name='form1' method='post' action='login.php'>
                  <p>Username: <input name='username' type='text' id='username'></p>
                  <p>Password: <input name='password' type='password' id='password'></p>
                  <p><input type='submit' name='Submit' value='Log In'></p>
                </form>Don't have an account?<br /><a href='register.php'>Register Free</a><br /><a href='forgotpass.php'>Forgot Password?</a><br />";
        }

$omembers = $mysidia->db->select("online", array(), "username != 'Visitor'")->fetchAll();
        $ovisitors = $mysidia->db->select("online", array(), "username = 'Visitor'")->fetchAll();
    $sidebar .= "<a href='online.php'>This site has ".count($omembers)." members and ".count($ovisitors)." guests online.</a></ul>";
        return $sidebar;
  }

Spoiler: Screenshot of how it looks like: 

Nieth 12-16-2012 12:52 AM

Last time I checked, it's styled by using the #menu commands in the .css file named 'style-city.'

Hedgen 12-16-2012 12:55 AM

Ahh okay. I saw the id="menu" thing in the template's html while trying to get the dropdown menu to drop to the right instead of down, but I completely forgot about that by the time I started editing the SIDEFEED. Thanks!

Nieth 12-16-2012 12:57 AM

No problem at all. Just post if you need help again, but keep all of your questions in the support thread, even if they're about styling.

Tequila 12-16-2012 12:15 PM

You'll want to check in the css to add in a float:left; and a width:##px; to the code for the menu. ;3