Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   404 not found ACP error (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4096)

Techwolf77 04-09-2013 12:16 PM

404 not found ACP error

I finally made my adoptables site! but I cannot seem to get to my Admin Control panel. I checked all the other posts that said this but couldn't find a fix. I click my ACP button and it brings me to HostMonster, saying it was either moved, renamed, or does not exist! :BIGO: so is there a fix? is it really the link to the page?

Hall of Famer 04-09-2013 12:39 PM

Well are you sure the ACP directory exists? And are you sure you have entered the correct domain and script path in config file? Usually this kind of file/url not found error is associated with wrong information specified for the server/site during configuration.

Techwolf77 04-09-2013 02:34 PM

I entered the domain in correctly, I think its the hoster I'm using.
I just don't know how to enter the script path. How do I do that?

Thanks for the reply! :meow:

AlexC 04-09-2013 03:03 PM

to access the admin cp, you should type in yoursite.com/admincp - which should go directly to it.

Techwolf77 04-09-2013 08:50 PM

But that was what I was doing. I typed in thunderisland.com/admincp and it brought me to the 404 not found page. I think I messed up during the install. Was I supposed to type a script path? I have no clue what it is either. I hope I am not being a bother.

AlexC 04-10-2013 05:35 AM

well, unless you installed your script under another folder you shouldn't have to.

For example, when you first download it, it comes inside a mysidia adoptable folder, but you should go inside this and copy all of the scripts there, and put them into your public_html folder. If you put it in something other then your public_html folder, then you would need a script path or to move your scripts or something.

Techwolf77 04-10-2013 06:03 PM

does it matter if my folder for the script is inside another folder? I put it in
C:\Adopts\Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3 then i put everything in the public_html folder. Was I supposed to put the contents of Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3 folder in public_html without the actual folder containing the contents? if so then i did that correctly. but I still dont get it. Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Seems to go to 404 not found for every link!

It must be something I did during install!

AlexC 04-10-2013 06:42 PM

You were suppose to put the contents of the mysidia adoptables folder inside public_html instead of the folder itself, that would be why you aren't seeing it.

You are typing the script path wrong for links then. It needs to be yoursite.com/folder/index. Did you remember to put "Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3." in the script question during the installation process?

Techwolf77 04-10-2013 06:56 PM

oh there was a question? and How do I write the script path? for what you told me, That might be my solution! :meow:

AlexC 04-10-2013 07:16 PM

When you were installing the script there was a page with info for inserting your mysql information and stuff, and one of the parts was "script path".

You would probably be able to fix it by going into your inc/config.php file and editing the field there.