Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Script error (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3646)

SilverDragonTears 04-29-2012 02:04 AM

Script error

I don't know how to get this to work with the new script. I've been trying since last night.

Code:

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$GLOBALS['prefix']."tabs WHERE username = '".$GLOBALS['username']."'";
        $result = runquery($query);
        $num = mysql_numrows($result);

SilverDragonTears 04-29-2012 07:17 PM

Ok here is what I have so far and it isn't working LOL

Code:

function gettabs() {
$formcontent = "";
$data = $adopts->select("tabs", array("username", "name"), "username = '{$username}'")->fetchObject();
$num = count($data);

$i=0;
        while ($i < $num) {
                $tabname=@mysql_result($data, $i,"name");
                $formcontent = $formcontent."<option value='myadopts.php?tab=".$tabname."'>".$tabname."</option>";
                $i++;
        }
        return $formcontent;
}

fadillzzz 04-30-2012 01:32 AM

Don't mix the old mysql_* functions with PDO. The two are very different.

PHP Code:

$result $adopts->select(...);
while (
$row $result->fetchObject())
{
    echo 
$row->name;

SilverDragonTears 04-30-2012 01:56 AM

ok now I have this.. and still not working. Bear with me.
Code:

function gettabs() {
$formcontent = "";
$result = $adopts->select("tabs", array("username", "name"), "username = '{$username}'")->fetchObject();

$i=0;
        while ($row = $result->fetchObject()) {
                $tabname=@mysql_result($data, $i,"name");
                $formcontent = $formcontent."<option value='myadopts.php?tab=".$tabname."'>".$tabname."</option>";
                $i++;
        }
        return $formcontent;
}

Hall of Famer 04-30-2012 02:28 AM

First of all, you are having an issue Id refer to as 'variable scope'. You are defining a function gettab() without passing any arguments, while the variable $username is undefined as a local variable inside your function. You either have to declare $username as global variable, or pass it as an argument to your function. Read this manual from PHP for reference:
http://php.net/manual/en/language.variables.scope.php

On the other hand, you still use mysql_result() which no longer works with this new script as we are incorporating PDO. I thought Fadillzzz already explained clearly to you not to use mysql functions anymore... Now change this line:

PHP Code:

$tabname=@mysql_result($data$i,"name"); 

to

PHP Code:

$tabname=$row->name

And now the $tabname will not be malfunctioning. However I strongly recommend you to remove all lines associated with $i since its totally unnecessary.

SilverDragonTears 04-30-2012 02:33 AM

Ok another thing. I'm suppose to add this...
Code:

AND ".constant("PREFIX")."owned_adoptables.tab = '{$tab}'
to the myadopts.php query... but when I do it still doesn't list the tabs.

Is this correct for functions.php?
Code:

function gettabs() {
$formcontent = "";
$result = $GLOBALS['adopts']->select("tabs", array("username", "name"), "username = '{$username}'");

while ($row = $result->fetchObject()) {
                $tabname=$row->name;
        }
        return $formcontent;
}

Hall of Famer 04-30-2012 04:37 AM

Umm are you trying to select from multiple tables? If so, use the method join() before calling select().

SilverDragonTears 04-30-2012 05:04 AM

I figured it out :D Thank you for the help!

SilverDragonTears 04-30-2012 03:35 PM

Hmm... this pulls up everyone's tabs instead of just the logged in user

Code:

$result = $GLOBALS['adopts']->select("tabs", array("username", "name"), "username = '{$username}'");
i see why but I don't know how to fix it.

heh.
Code:

$result = $GLOBALS['adopts']->select("tabs", array("username", "name"), "username = '".$GLOBALS['username']."'");
Seems to do the trick ;)

Hall of Famer 05-01-2012 02:59 PM

Of course the old script wont work, didnt I tell you before that you need to worry about the variable scope issue? What is $username in your function? If you neither pass it as an argument to your function tab(), nor declare it as global variable, it will be considered an undefined variable.