Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hosting? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3985)

AlexC 01-30-2013 08:17 PM

Hosting?

Sorry for my absence, I've had some personal issues...

I've been trying to restart RFTW, but I'm having issues - all the free hosts either have ads, aren't reliable or don't have the right mysql for the newest script and I'm just like - done. Need a paid host. Don't want to deal with free crap anymore. The last host I had for RFTW just randomly suspended my account, idk why.

What are you guys using? How good are they? Limits? Support? Mysql?

I'm considering dynadot, because I host my domain with them. But idk. Could use some help.

SilverDragonTears 01-30-2013 11:32 PM

Hawkhost is wonderful. I have two VPS with them.

Kamalya 01-31-2013 01:23 AM

I use Izooks they have been really helpful over the phone with any questions I have had and there not a bad price either, at the lowest server host they give you 20GB a month (bandwidth) and 1024 MB of uploading space/disk space. They use Virtualmin so it might be confusing if you never used that before and I've had no issues with the MYSQL :)

pachoofoosh 01-31-2013 02:48 PM

I'm currently using Brinkster.com's Level 2 shared hosting. c:
The package I have comes with a 250 MB MySql database, 350 GB web space, 3,500 GB web traffic, and the price is $12.99 per month. Their php version is defaulted to 5.2, but you can contact them and they'll change the version to what you need. ^^ I've been hosting with them since last March, and they are wonderful and have had very little downtime.

Hall of Famer 01-31-2013 06:41 PM

There is not a single host that works for everyone. Take Hosted as an example, it works like a charm for Iris but Ruinily seems to be struggling. The best idea is to try out these hosts on your own, since only you the user know how much a webhost fits you. For freehosts this shouldnt be a problem, for paid hosts they usually offer 30 days money back service so you can move away if it keeps going offline for your site. You have nothing to lose, unless you are moving a semi-active site to an upgraded hosting package. In this case, you'd be more careful.

Nemesis 02-05-2013 09:21 PM

Try hosts with 30 days money back gaurentee. I tried tons that way and they are still kinda annoying cause you have to call a bunch of times but you definitely get your money back if you pester them enough. I did this with 1&1 as they are the worst. They had short office hours to call and I was always on hold or busy but eventually i got through for a refund. good luck

Also 99webs is striving to increase its service. As we do show ads in the cpanel it can be annoying. However the main site 99webs.info has picked up a lot of traffic and just having the banners on the main hosting log in site is nearly covering our server costs so soon we should be reducing ads on clients cpanels.