Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.4[Security Release] (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4251)

squiggler 01-25-2014 09:21 PM

(Not sure if I should have put this in Bugs, sorry?)
When you first adopt an adoptable, text tells you to make sure to feed your adoptable so it grows. The link is levelup/# instead of levelup/click/# so it doesn't work.

I changed adoptview.php from this:
$document->add(new Link("levelup/{$aid}", "feed "));
To this:
$document->add(new Link("levelup/click/{$aid}", "feed "));

The link now works. Just make sure you don't forget the / or it'll give you an error like the first one.

The file is in public_html > view.

Kyttias 01-26-2014 10:08 PM

fresh install issues

Hi! Last year, I downloaded the script and gave it a test install and it worked great - but that was a different version. This version is giving me issues on a fresh install!

I have a brand new laptop, and I just downloaded a fresh install of WAMP (this release comes with PHP 5.4 with MySQL 5.6). Immediately I started having troubles. (But luckily nothing that will immediately prevent me from continuing on my way, I think.) I strongly believe all of this is caused because I have 5.4 and the temporary solution is to just turn off php error notices (everything seems to work, despite the notices).

Problem 1 - The index.php in the installer has the following notice at the top of the page:
PHP Code:

( ! ) NoticeUndefined indexstep in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\install\index.php on line 5 

But I could proceed, anyway. Everything passed on the second page. Onto the third page-

Problem 2 - I had to set a password for myphpadmin root, no biggie, that's more secure than not having one, so I got that done. (It wouldn't let me run the install script without a password, anyway.) I attempted to run the install script now that I had a password...

Problem 3 - The install script went and timed out on me (warning sign number one) - so I went into my php.ini file and upped the script timeout from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, cleared the tables in the database it had managed to install, and tried again. Success! I got all the way to step six.

Problem 4 - Installation complete! But wait, there are four php notices at the top of the page:
PHP Code:

( ! ) NoticeUndefined indexrewardmoney in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\install\sitesetting.php on line 29

( ! ) NoticeUndefined indexenabletrades in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\install\sitesetting.php on line 30

( ! ) NoticeUndefined indextradecost in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\install\sitesetting.php on line 31

( ! ) NoticeUndefined indextradeoffercost in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\install\sitesetting.php on line 32 

Well, whatever, right? I clicked proceeded to click on 'View Your Website' and oh my goodness:

Problem 5 - The good news? The site does load... at the bottom of the page after several dozen notice errors. I get one of this:
PHP Code:

( ! ) NoticeUndefined variablecontroller in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_language.php on line 111 

And then about 54 of these, and they're all identical:
PHP Code:

( ! ) NoticeUndefined propertyDocumentRenderer::$thematicBreak in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_guirenderer.php on line 184 

I didn't bother including the callstack information that came with those specific notice, but I can if you like. Notice that they're just notices and not errors? That's a good thing, in that I can actually force PHP to not display notices on my server. (You can change the error_reporting setting in php.ini from error_reporting = E_ALL to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE. And then it's important to restart the server so the changes can be activated.) However, these notices should be repaired before they become serious problems in future versions of PHP, right? (Currently, many web hosting providers may have these error notices turned off by default? But they also may not, leaving people unable to turn them off.)

PHP is one of those languages that's constantly upgrading and it's syntax gets a little outdated. Even best practices can become obsolete, given enough time. (e.g., Using an uninitialized variable and relying on the fact it's automatically initialized to an empty string.) As a developer, that sort of stuff makes you want to pull your hair out, I know.

(Oh!! I think it's worth mentioning that I also had the initial 500 Internal Server Error, but that was because mod_rewrite wasn't turned on by default in WAMP's Apache. I turned that on and restarted and everything seemed to have fixed itself.)

Anyway, moving along:

Problem 6 - On the Register page, this time I get an actual, non-notice error:
PHP Code:

( ! ) Strict standardsDeclaration of RadioList::add() should be compatible with GUIContainer::add(GUIComponent $component$index = -1in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_radiolist.php on line 68 

However, this seems irrelevant, as registration is successful anyway. It's noted that it says I am now logged in, but there is no ajax to automatically whisk away the login panel on the side (but this is obviously something you're probably working on fixing for the next major release, so its barely worth mentioning).

I'm not -sure- if I can turn Strict php error notices off, but I'll give it a shot. I look forward to your next major release but I'll have fun building off what's already provided. Thank you for your hard work!

Hall of Famer 01-27-2014 12:48 AM

Well most of these aint really problems, especially the notices. All you have to do is to disable notice errors in php.ini. For the strict standard error, go to /classes/class_radiolist.php and change:

PHP Code:

public function add(){ 

to this:

PHP Code:

public function add(GUIComponent $component NULL$index = -1){ 

and the strict standard error should go away as well.

Kyttias 01-27-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 28832)
Well most of these aint really problems, especially the notices. All you have to do is to disable notice errors in php.ini. For the strict standard error, go to /classes/class_radiolist.php and change:

PHP Code:

public function add(){ 

to this:

PHP Code:

public function add(GUIComponent $component NULL$index = -1){ 

and the strict standard error should go away as well.

Mhmm! And I'm sure you've got plans to clean those away in the future, sorry if reporting them was redundant. ^^;;;

My line in /classes/class_radiolist.php was actually:
PHP Code:

public function add(RadioButton $radio$index = -1){ 

but changing it to yours gave me this beauty:
PHP Code:

( ! ) Fatal errorCall to a member function getName() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\Mysidia\classes\class_radiolist.php on line 44
Call Stack
#    Time    Memory    Function    Location
1    0.0018    275152    {main}( )    ..\index.php:0
2    0.0107    389752    IndexController
::main( )    ..\index.php:78
3    0.9250    5257392    FrontController
->render( )    ..\index.php:74
4    0.9250    5257632    RegisterView
->index( )    ..\class_frontcontroller.php:100
5    0.9884    5506096    RadioList
->add( )    ..\registerview.php:49 

Can I get the full function? (Before the edit, mine was:)
PHP Code:

public function add(RadioButton $radio$index = -1){
        if(
$radio->getName() != $this->name) throw new GUIException("Cannot add unrelated radiobuttons to a RadioList.");

parent::add($radio$index);            
    } 

I couldn't find an add function with no parameter, just that one. @u@;;

However! I did work around the original Strict alert, with the code my install came with, because I can also turn Strict alerts off in php.ini, apparently. error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT does the trick.

Hall of Famer 01-27-2014 05:27 AM

Oh I see, then you probably just change RadioButton to GUIComponent instead. PHP is an annoying language in a way that its type hinting is incomplete. RadioButton is a subclass of GUIComponent, this kind of type hinting is normally reasonable but in PHP it generates strict standard errors.

Kyttias 01-27-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 28837)
Oh I see, then you probably just change RadioButton to GUIComponent instead. PHP is an annoying language in a way that its type hinting is incomplete. RadioButton is a subclass of GUIComponent, this kind of type hinting is normally reasonable but in PHP it generates strict standard errors.

Ah, sorry, doing so is what caused the Fatal Error instead, so I changed it back to what it came with and disabled the Strict warnings from displaying, so it's okay.

I think newer versions of PHP are doing a little better, hence all the complaining it does over code it's changed requirements for, but as a constantly updating language it's lack of backwards compatibility as soon as a server updates makes it quite a headache. Despite having a book or two laying around, and tinkering around with PHP for a couple years, I still end up at a loss of what I'm doing most of the time and end up turning to Google to find nothing but forums full of people going 'have you googled it?' and shaking my head at the irony. Luckily, these warnings aren't major problems (yet, or hopefully anytime soon).

But thank you so much for your time! I won't spend my time troubleshooting stuff I can just shut off, and I'm sure it's all going to get sorted out eventually. You never know what happens when PHP decides to update. It's like buying a new computer, eventually, you just can't find the old version you like in the store anymore.

I'm glad to see activity, and this probably isn't where I'm meant to be posting, so when I have more questions, I'll post elsewhere. Sorry for that!

I'm off to go build a template~

Hall of Famer 01-27-2014 04:33 PM

I see, and yeah at this moment turning off notice/strict-error reporting is the best choice to take. I kinda forget what the method signature was, but I may take a look at it and see if I can get rid of the error message for you. It does not affect your site's functionality in any way, just some plainly annoying text you wish it to disappear. Good luck making a theme/template btw.

collierox 02-12-2014 04:11 PM

Problem

I tried doing the "/install/index.php" part, but it's not working for me....

Hall of Famer 02-12-2014 04:16 PM

What errors do you get? Are you sure you are accessing the correct url path? Sometimes this kind of issues are caused by improper uploads of script files, if you just upload the entire folder through FTP it may not work unless you rename it.

Abronsyth 06-03-2014 03:23 PM

Was just installing script and I am unfamiliar with the cPanel, so I might have done something wrong here...but while trying to install I got this error;
Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Not sure what it means?

judda 06-12-2014 05:08 AM

Your connection information to your database server is wrong. Either it isn't hosted on "localhost" or, the uesrname and password are incorrect.

~judda

Kyttias 06-12-2014 12:18 PM

That problem could have also been just because the MySQL process wasn't started or had an internal error and needed a restart, too. It could have literally fixed itself -- but if not, some setups require localhost to be wired through 127.0.0.1. Some OS don't even care.

Abronsyth 06-14-2014 09:25 AM

I will double check the host (pretty sure it's just localhost) and re-run the installation. Hopefully it clears up!

Edit; Yeah, the server is different. Not used to my new host yet, hehe.

Thanks to both of you!

Hall of Famer 06-18-2014 04:45 AM

Glad it worked out for you. I wonder though, what was the problem with your new host? You dont have to answer that if it was a secret, I am just curious.

Abronsyth 06-18-2014 07:34 AM

Do you mean old host, HoF?

If so, we ran into some very frustrating payment problems. I canceled payments and they would take the money out, anyways. Had to jump through hoops to get into contact with someone to be refunded.

Abronsyth 09-21-2014 11:09 AM

I have a question.

Would it be possible to only upgrade the trade feature on a 1.3.3 site to the 1.3.4 trade system? Or would that be pretty much impossible?

Lailic 09-21-2014 01:26 PM

I followed the tutorial exactly as it was written and when I got to the last step, going my mysite.com/install/index.php it said the page didn't exist? I followed this exactly how it said to and no luck. I'm using x10hosting.

Edit I figured it out, I changed the url to mysite.com/mainfoldername/install/index.php

But now all im getting is a blank screen -.-' what did I do wrong? I've done this twice and still the same blank screen shows up.

Abronsyth 09-21-2014 02:24 PM

For some reason Mysidia has some serious issues with being installed into a sub-domain. Maybe try moving it to the root/public_html folder of your site and see if that works?

Lailic 09-21-2014 02:38 PM

The thing is it is in the public_html folder -.- I couldn't get it to work without renameing the actual file MSA file adopt and then changing the URL for rhe instillation. I don't want to change it back now since I already installed it.

But I'll probably have to wip my site and start from scratch and maybe it'll work. And I'm not sure how to do that .-.

IntoRain 09-21-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lailic (Post 31143)
The thing is it is in the public_html folder -.- I couldn't get it to work without renameing the actual file MSA file adopt and then changing the URL for rhe instillation. I don't want to change it back now since I already installed it.

But I'll probably have to wip my site and start from scratch and maybe it'll work. And I'm not sure how to do that .-.

What's inside your public_html folder? Another folder with mysidia files or the files directly? Is it the install page that appears blank or it's only after installing?

Lailic 09-21-2014 03:44 PM

I downloaded it as a zip. Uploaded it to my host and unzipped it. there is the mysidia file and the files are inside. Should I take them out?

and it's blank only after installing. It says I can view my site at dreamscape.x10host.com/adopt/index.php and I can not. its just a white screen :p

IntoRain 09-21-2014 04:00 PM

The folder is called adopt then? During installation, you put /adopt in the Script Path?

If everything is correct, it might be this http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/s...&postcount=199

I'm not sure if he managed to solve it or not

Lailic 09-21-2014 04:05 PM

I tried once doing that and it didn't work. So I tried it without it and it didn't work either .-. So maybe that is the problem.. Is there another (free) host I should try and use?

Abronsyth 09-24-2014 03:57 PM

Just an update on my battle!

So I was unable, for a while, to use Mys 1.3.4 with a fresh install, but now I've upgraded 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 and it worked like a charm!

Lailic 09-24-2014 05:30 PM

Are you using x10hosting?

I dont have the older version. is there somewhere I can get it?

Abronsyth 09-24-2014 05:46 PM

No, I use iPage (paid host). You can download 1.3.3 here:
http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=4057

Lailic 09-24-2014 05:57 PM

I did and went through the who process. Still a white screen .-.

I guess it refuses to work with x10 .-.

ilrak 09-24-2014 06:07 PM

I'm hosting with x10, and the first few times I had issues with it. I'm not sure what I did differently, but I was finally able to install it. I'm just having random errors right now, but the install worked after a few tries with me (granted, I did paid x10 hosting)

Hall of Famer 09-24-2014 10:19 PM

Yeah its kinda strange, but sometimes reinstalling the script several times works on x10hosting. Also note that some servers of x10hosting may not work for the script, I recall there was one that had no PDO libary installed. Not sure if this issue still affects some users, but it sure is weird.

Lailic 09-26-2014 01:39 PM

/is thoroughly frustrated/

I guess I will try 99webs.org if its still up. I already signed up and everything but there seems to be very little activity .-.

Fox 05-21-2017 11:26 PM

Regarding forum integration

Does it work with the new 1.8 mybb?
And if you have just one other member on your site, is it still possible to integrate? Would love to integrate my forum

Dinocanid 05-22-2017 07:35 PM

I'm not too sure if it would work if you have one other member on your site (I'm guessing not), but it does work with the newest myBB and future updates since that's what I use.
If it doesn't work with another member registered, you could always back up their data, delete them from the database, integrate myBB, and add them back manually.

Fox 05-23-2017 02:54 AM

cheers!

Thanks Dinocanid, I ended up deleting her with her permission (it's my sister helping me test it, lol)

Hall of Famer 05-23-2017 01:40 PM

The forum integration works with MyBB v1.6 only, there is a patch made by Kyttias that allows it to integrate with MyBB 1.8 forums:

http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/p...php?issueid=52

Missy Master 05-23-2018 02:15 PM

I so hope this site isn't dead. :(

I have seen next to no action for so long. I've faithfully been watching and waiting for the next release ....

Missy Master 07-14-2020 07:30 PM

It's been since 2013 ( I didn't realize this).

I am on the fence about starting my upcoming pet sites using this 7 year old code, or waiting to see if the new one is coming.

I know there were some pretty significant improvements being added, but after 7 years I am kinda unsure if this is still a thing.

Can we know if this is still coming, or is the last release in 2013 pretty much the final code for Mysid Adopts :)

Hall of Famer 08-19-2020 08:38 PM

I am working on multi-alternate forms for Mys v1.3.5 right now. Expected release date is around the end of August to Mid September. We will see how it goes, I will write up a blog article for the multi-alternate forms system soon.

Btw, the 4shared download link has been fixed. I also removed rapidshare and megaupload links since these two download sites are dead. Starting from Mys v1.3.5, we will also offer download links directly from our own file server.

Missy Master 08-20-2020 02:58 PM

Wonderful news, thank you HOF!

If there is any way to add some sort of custom generator that would be utterly amazing.

But if not its totally fine. I couldn't even get someone to mod that for me for pay so it must be really hard xD