Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Strict Standards --- Need help, pre launch! (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4776)

Missy Master 01-29-2015 01:43 PM

Strict Standards --- Need help, pre launch!

Hey guys!

Okay Canidae is about to launch and I need ONE thing! :) to get this dreadful thing gone:

Strict Standards: Declaration of AdminSidebar

And all the Strict Standards stuff to stop showing. It's way more than just this one message. I just don't want this showing for members at ALL.

I saw a thread about this and still don't have a way to stop it that's working for me. The site's fine except for this jazz popping up in too many places to even name. As I understand it's a simple thing to turn this off .. I even tried adding something to the .htaccess file but that just made the whole site not work.

Help! :)

Hall of Famer 01-29-2015 02:41 PM

Well you can just manually edit the AdminSidebar class method setDivision() to match its parent class'. So instead of setDivision($components), change it to setDivision(GUIComponent $component). This should do the trick for you.

Missy Master 01-29-2015 02:42 PM

Ah fantastic, let me go try that, thanks HOF!! :)

Kyttias 01-29-2015 03:50 PM

I managed to fix all my strict standard errors except for this one, so if you list some of the others off on the front end I can help -- but I never managed to fix the adminCP one on my site at webfreehosting. Out of curiosity, what's your host?

Missy Master 01-29-2015 03:57 PM

Seemed to fix it most places --- now getting this Strict Standards error for the Breeding page:

: Declaration of DropdownList::add() should be compatible with GUIContainer::add(GUIComponent $component, $index = -1) in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_dropdownlist.php

Oh hey thanks! I'm on SkyeNetHosting.

And now I get this too in ACP:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$component' (T_VARIABLE) in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 37

Kyttias 01-29-2015 04:05 PM

Alright, well what did you change in the adminsidebar class to get it to work? I changed $components to $component in the parameters, then where it was used, and then everywhere on the page and none of it worked. The error changed to -

Code:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to AdminSidebar::setDivision() must be an instance of GUIComponent, instance of Resource\Collection\ArrayList given, called in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 187 and defined in /srv/disk3/1793798/www/novul/classes/class_adminsidebar.php on line 36
As for your error, in classes/class_dropdownlist.php, around line 105 (by the way, it'll help if you give the full error with line numbers, if possible, so I don't have to compare entire files), change this:
PHP Code:

public function add($option$index = -1){
        if(!(
$option instanceof Option) and !($option instanceof OptGroup)) throw new GUIException("Cannot add a non-option type component to dropdown list.");

parent::add($option$index);            
    } 

into this:
PHP Code:

public function add(GUIComponent $option$index = -1){
        if(!(
$option instanceof Option) and !($option instanceof OptGroup)) throw new GUIException("Cannot add a non-option type component to dropdown list.");

parent::add($option$index);            
    } 

Missy Master 01-29-2015 04:06 PM

I made the change HOF advised up above, and it seemed to work well --- okay thanks I'll try this now! :)

Kyttias 01-29-2015 04:13 PM

></ Darn, could you give me a copy of your adminsidebar class file then, the whole thing? I want to see what I'm doing wrong.

Kyttias 01-29-2015 04:17 PM

Oh, also, on your site, go in and try to change profile settings/anywhere with a radio button. I think you'll get an error there, too?

Missy Master 01-29-2015 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached the file here!

Sorry it was on line 189.

I tried the fix and it gave this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare DropdownList::add() in /home/petsim/public_html/Canidae/classes/class_dropdownlist.php on line 112

Ugh now the ACP doesnt work at all .. what is this horrible Strict Standards thing, can't it just be turned off?