Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Breeding Feature Question (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3569)

ChocolateFate 04-06-2012 04:03 PM

Breeding Feature Question

For the breeding feature, I realized that if users can breed their pets there will be a surplus of pets that they received for free.
Then pets will be worth pretty much nothing and special event pets aren't so special anymore. :littlecfrown:

So my question is, how do you add a cost to the breeding feature? Any help is very much appreciated! :happyc:

Thank you,
ChocolateFate

SilverDragonTears 04-06-2012 05:20 PM

Well not everyone charges for adoption. I may be able to write something for you... it might take awhile though. My laptop got fried by coffee this week :(

ChocolateFate 04-06-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Kitsune (Post 22639)
Well not everyone charges for adoption. I may be able to write something for you... it might take awhile though. My laptop got fried by coffee this week :(

That's true...but then how do people work for adoptables if there is no price on them?
Thank you so much for the help! :wiii:(Coffee? Yikes.)

Hall of Famer 04-06-2012 06:22 PM

Well in this script admins can edit a setting called 'breeding interval', which defines time required for pets to breed again after the first try. For instance, your specify 2 days breeding interval, and your pets who have just 'produced' today will not be able to breed again until the day after tomorrow. So theoretically it is not completely 'free of charge' to breed, as time is money.

Kesstryl 04-07-2012 10:19 AM

This is a good question. I'd like to add in a feature which will make the breeding success something like 50/50 so that a bred pair may or may not produce an offspring. I haven't had time to look into the code to find where I can put in the random variable, but I'll post something when I do and after I get some pets uploaded so I can test it.

ChocolateFate 04-07-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesstryl (Post 22646)
This is a good question. I'd like to add in a feature which will make the breeding success something like 50/50 so that a bred pair may or may not produce an offspring. I haven't had time to look into the code to find where I can put in the random variable, but I'll post something when I do and after I get some pets uploaded so I can test it.

That would be cool, I hadn't thought of that before. That would cut down on a lot of extra adoptables. :ooo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 22641)
Well in this script admins can edit a setting called 'breeding interval', which defines time required for pets to breed again after the first try. For instance, your specify 2 days breeding interval, and your pets who have just 'produced' today will not be able to breed again until the day after tomorrow. So theoretically it is not completely 'free of charge' to breed, as time is money.

Time is money XD I luffles that :happyc:
Maybe I should set it to a really high number of days like 30? That would work too, I should try it :smile:

SilverDragonTears 04-07-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

I already have this on my site. I'll try to look for it later... really busy this weekend.

Hall of Famer 04-08-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Breeding system overhaul is scheduled for Mys v1.3.3, I could've done that already but at this point I am still not quite sure if I should be the one doing it. The coder Arianna(the one who designed the current breeding system) may as well come back in summer, but if not I will take care of this business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChocolateFate
Time is money XD I luffles that :happyc:
Maybe I should set it to a really high number of days like 30? That would work too, I should try it :smile:

Well you can set it to even longer period, say 365, or even 999 so pets essentially can only breed once in their lifetime. It should work so long as the specified date is not after year 2031, since the unit timestamp system only works till 2031. Not sure what will happen after 2031, the entire computer and internet system will undergo a revolutionary change by then I think.