Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Random 5 is not realy random! (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733)

RipJawWolfFang 04-25-2009 12:51 PM

Random 5 is not realy random!

It seems that the pets in the random 5 realy are not random at all!
they are just 5 of the top 10...
Is there anyway to make it random from all the pets?

BMR777 04-25-2009 04:08 PM

RE: Random 5 is not realy random!

How many pets do you have on your site? The random is generated by the server time, so refreshing the page many times in a short timespan will show many of the same pets.

Seapyramid 04-25-2009 07:29 PM

Actually the bottom five are set to order by clicks .. not by random. Simple error with all the coding you did for this release. I fixed the issue on Mystic Grove and moved them to a page of their own. But it is currently set to oder by clicks and not random in the script download.

Sea

BMR777 04-26-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seapyramid
Actually the bottom five are set to order by clicks .. not by random. Simple error with all the coding you did for this release. I fixed the issue on Mystic Grove and moved them to a page of their own. But it is currently set to oder by clicks and not random in the script download.

Sea

Thanks, I'll have to look into that. It's very possible that is the case as I implemented a new random system for that because the old system from the old release is very server intensive. :)

RipJawWolfFang 04-26-2009 08:35 AM

Alright... So can you tell me how to eather fix it or remove it all together without brakeing anything?

zhiichiro 04-26-2009 12:54 PM

yeah. random 5 pets are from top 10..

mojaruu 04-27-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RipJawWolfFang
Alright... So can you tell me how to eather fix it or remove it all together without brakeing anything?

i fixed it by using this code:

PHP Code:

$query "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."owned_adoptables ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 5 OFFSET ".$offset.""

instead of this one

PHP Code:

$query "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."owned_adoptables ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 20 OFFSET ".$offset.""

on stats.php. and *poof* its seems that its now randomly listed.

:D

RipJawWolfFang 04-28-2009 01:46 AM

it dose not seem to be working however

mugwumpr 04-28-2009 08:03 AM

It worked great for me! I'm seeing pets I never even knew existed. Thanks mojaruu!

:D

RipJawWolfFang 04-30-2009 06:03 AM

YAY! GOT IT WORKING!