Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Templates and Themes (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Need a New Theme? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4416)

Hwona 02-28-2014 07:47 AM

Need a New Theme?

I was wondering whether I should post this or not since I wasn't sure if it's allowed... can we ask for themes in the forum? :3
*edit* Sorry, I just realized the title was a bit misleading - I'm looking for a new theme.

tahbikat 02-28-2014 05:49 PM

Do you mean you want someone to make your site its own custom theme or you're just looking for a new theme?

I know Kyttias posted a thread with several responsive themes she made. Have you seen those?

Also if you search this board there are more themes you can look through.

If you're wanting a custom theme, though, you may need to offer money depending on how complex. I know a lot of us here are busy with our own sites and such, so I don't know if anyone would make you a theme for free.

Hwona 02-28-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahbikat (Post 29230)
Do you mean you want someone to make your site its own custom theme or you're just looking for a new theme?

I know Kyttias posted a thread with several responsive themes she made. Have you seen those?

Also if you search this board there are more themes you can look through.

If you're wanting a custom theme, though, you may need to offer money depending on how complex. I know a lot of us here are busy with our own sites and such, so I don't know if anyone would make you a theme for free.

Thanks - I'm looking for somone to make me a simple custom theme, but I think I can make one myself except for the dropdown menu. :3 I've been trying to work around with the "main" mys theme, but I'm getting nowhere with the drop down menu.

Kyttias 03-01-2014 12:18 AM

It's extremely tough to work with that menu. I mean, what if we don't even -want- to use list tags in our menu? What if we want to use sliding drop down panels? I sure as heck do, and I'm determined to for my own site. The drawback? I won't be able to use the admin panel to place the links there, I'll have to do it all by hand. Trying to code around the existing drop down menu is horrendous and I don't know how to do it because I know nothing about object orientated PHP.

For my responsive Bootstrap template, I added classes the menu list (the ul and li tags) to dynamically style them using jQuery, but I know some pretty advanced techniques. (Such could have been done manually, but I didn't want people to have to edit multiple files to install my template.) But even I can't make a list into anything but a list, and I don't know how to rewrite the entire menu system to deliver plain text output rather than the list format that it is in (and irritatingly pre-styled as well).

If you can create some sort of mockup outline of what sort of look you're hoping to achieve, I could always give it a shot to help nudge you in the right direction, but depending on the complexity of it... even I'm having issues when it comes to that darn menu.

IntoRain 03-01-2014 08:45 AM

I can have a look on the class_menu.php file Kyttias to see if anything can be done (or if I'm able to do it lol), if you give me some orientation to what you want to do with the links exactly

Hwona 03-01-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntoRain (Post 29234)
I can have a look on the class_menu.php file Kyttias to see if anything can be done (or if I'm able to do it lol), if you give me some orientation to what you want to do with the links exactly

I'm actually ok with how the links function as of now, but I dislike how the menu is above the banner and its style. I'm also trying to find a way to remove the white space between the banner and menu... :3

Hwona 03-02-2014 03:05 PM

Oh, yay, I've figured out how to make everything work - thanks everyone. That is, I can't seem to find where to edit the content in the footer or the links in the drop down menu... anyone know how to do this?

IntoRain 03-03-2014 07:16 PM

I believe you can edit the links (change order, link parent etc) in the control panel? Or did you mean something else?

class_footer.php has the contents of the footer

Hwona 03-03-2014 07:20 PM

Thank you so much! *bangs head on desk* Wow, I have no idea how i missed the links in the ACP. O.o

IntoRain 03-03-2014 08:02 PM

It's at the bottom I guess it's easy to miss! xD