Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Feature Requests (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Updating Mysidia for newer version of PHP (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5533)

Kesstryl 11-19-2017 11:14 AM

Updating Mysidia for newer version of PHP

PHP and Mysql is moving on, and this script has been in a stand still state for a few years now. Are there any plans of at least updating the current game engine to get rid of fatal errors and E notices for localhosts and online hosts with newer versions of PHP? I'd like to see this script not become obsolete, which is happening.

Hall of Famer 11-20-2017 12:39 PM

Well the script should work with PHP 5.6, lemme know if there is any issue with this.

Dinocanid 11-20-2017 02:01 PM

I think kesstryl means the newer versions of PHP, like PHP 7 (which is what newer pet sites are being built with).

Hall of Famer 11-20-2017 04:38 PM

Actually most web host still default to PHP 5.4/5.5 at this moment, so we are fine with most shared web hosts. Mysidia Host runs with PHP 5.6 and we are already ahead of most free of shared hosting providers. PHP 7 was released at the end of 2015, it will still take another 1-3 years till it takes over PHP 5.

There is plan for PHP 7 compatibility in future versions, but for Mys v1.3.x it will need PHP 5 unless demand for PHP 7 is high. A few months later I will make a poll for this if necessary.

Kesstryl 11-20-2017 05:36 PM

I accept the answer, but how do I get rid of the E notices (which I assume is code being transitioned) without turning off error reporting? Are there plans to work on that? I can't develop with this with my pages showing way down a list of E notices which surely must have fixes. And yes, PHP 7 is now in view, and I currently develop with php 5.6 which is the lowest version my hosting provider uses.

Dinocanid 11-20-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesstryl (Post 36864)
I accept the answer, but how do I get rid of the E notices (which I assume is code being transitioned) without turning off error reporting?

I'm not at my computer, so I forgot the exact code, but if you put something like "error_reporting 1" in your htaccess file then it will only show fatal errors.

Kesstryl 11-21-2017 11:28 AM

I'll see if that can be done in the Mysidia htaccess file because I need my E notices for my own programming.

Hall of Famer 12-05-2017 03:28 PM

Yeah it can be done, Mysidia actually doesnt really suppress warnings by itself, it all depends on your webhosting environment.

Kesstryl 10-12-2020 06:13 AM

I hate to bring this up again, but my hosting no longer supports older versions of php without charging for it, so again, will there be plans to upgrade Mysidia to php 7 in the future?

Micolai 10-12-2020 05:10 PM

I know Famer is working on a new update for Mysidia right now, but I'm not sure if it has PHP upgrades in it or not. I don't recall what the update had coming. If your host isn't working anymore you might be able to switch over to Mysidia hosting? That's what I use and love it.