Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Gender Questions (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3859)

Hedgen 10-29-2012 10:19 AM

Gender Questions [Solved]

Spoiler: No need for this now. 
1: How can I make an item that switches the adoptable's gender?

Edit: Figured this one out:
2: If the first one is more challenging to do, How can I disable adoptables from becoming males on adopt? I have a site where all the adoptables are female (its an adoptable site based on the game series Touhou, which have almost all female characters) and I want to make it so Female is the only gender they can get when you adopt them/use a promo code to get them.

Edit: Figured this one out also.
3: How can I enable same sex breeding?

Hedgen 10-30-2012 12:06 AM

I have taken a look at the doadopt.php code and the breeding.php code, and figured out how to change it so that you select 2 females, and also only females will be adopted, but when I tested the breeding I was banned. How do I make it so my users and I don't get banned? (I put the code back to the original ('f', 'm') array on doadopt.php and fixed the breeding.php page for now.

Edit: I figured out the banning thing, now I just need to figure out how to check to see if dropdown2 = dropdown1

Edit2: I figured out how to get everything working :) I made the check be:
Code:

elseif ($female->aid == $male->aid) { //Yes I know it says male, I don't want to end up screwing up the whole code changing all the "males" to "female2"
        $article_content .= "Sorry, you can not breed the same adoptable with itself.";
        }

and that worked fine for the checking. I also changed later so that instead of being a chance of being 'f','m' I just changed it to be 'f','f'

Hall of Famer 10-30-2012 02:49 AM

umm I was wondering how you modified your code tbh. If you are adding new item functions, its a good practice to add new functionalities in its corresponding function file rather than edit the main script files such as inventory.php.

Hedgen 10-30-2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 24923)
umm I was wondering how you modified your code tbh. If you are adding new item functions, its a good practice to add new functionalities in its corresponding function file rather than edit the main script files such as inventory.php.

I decided to just modify breeding.php since that seemed easier for me than figuring out how to make a new item function ^^' I don't really have any php knowledge but I do have basic programming college. (in college with software design as major)

The modified code for breeding.php:

Code:

<?php

include("functions/functions.php");
include("functions/functions_users.php");
include("functions/functions_adopts.php");
include("inc/lang.php");

//***************//
//  START SCRIPT //
//***************//

$breedinglevel = grabanysetting('breedinglevel');

$article_title = "Breeding System";
$article_content = "<p>You may breed your adoptables here. They must be at least a level {$breedinglevel} to be able to breed.</p>";

$femaleid = $_POST['female'];
$maleid = $_POST['male'];
$breed = $_POST['breed'];
$userstatus = getuserstatus($loggedinname);
//$idfemale1;
//$idfemale2;

if($isloggedin == "yes" and $userstatus['canbreed'] == "yes"){
    if ($breed != 'yes'){ // if they have not chosen which pets to breed yet, we let them choose
        $article_content .= "<p>Select the two adoptables that you'd like to breed:</p><form method='post'>";
                $lastweek = time() - ((grabanysetting('breedinginterval')) * 24 * 60 * 60);

// show all available female adoptables
        $stmt = $adopts->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "owner = '{$loggedinname}' AND gender = 'f' AND currentlevel >= {$breedinglevel} AND lastbred <= '{$lastweek}'");
        $row = $stmt->fetchObject();
                if(is_object($row)){
            //Fetch the first row...
                        $article_content .= "<p>Female: <select name='female'>
            <option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
                $idfemale1 = $row->aid;
            // Continue to fetch more rows...
                        while ($row = $stmt->fetchObject()) {
                                $article_content .= "<option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
                        }
                        $article_content .= "</select></p>";
                }
                else {
                        $article_content .= "<p>None of your female adoptables can breed at the time.</p>";
                }

// show all available male adoptables
                $stmt = $adopts->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "owner = '{$loggedinname}' AND gender = 'f' AND currentlevel >= {$breedinglevel} AND lastbred <= '{$lastweek}'");
        $row = $stmt->fetchObject();
                if (is_object($row)) {
                        $article_content .= "<p>Female: <select name='male'>
                                <option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
                        while ($row = $stmt->fetchObject()) {
                                $article_content .= "<option value='{$row->aid}'>{$row->name} ({$row->type})</option>";
                                //$idfemale2 = $row->aid;
                        }
                        $article_content .= "</select></p>";
                }
                else {
                        $article_content .= "<p>None of your male adoptables can breed at the time.</p>";
                }
        $article_content .= "<input type='hidden' name='breed' value='yes'><input type='submit' value='Breed It'></form>";
    }
    else {
                $female = $adopts->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "aid = '{$femaleid}'")->fetchObject();       
                $female_species = $adopts->select("adoptables", array(), "type = '{$female->type}'")->fetchObject();       
        $female_class = explode(",",$female_species->class);

$male = $adopts->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "aid = '{$maleid}'")->fetchObject();       
                $male_species = $adopts->select("adoptables", array(), "type = '{$male->type}'")->fetchObject();
        $male_class = explode(",",$male_species->class);

// let's check the requirements first.
        if(classcheck($female_class, $male_class) == "no"){//check if the male and female belong to the same breeding class
            $article_content = "Sorry, it seems that your two adoptables do not belong to the same breeding class.";
        }
        elseif(($female->currentlevel < (grabanysetting('breedinglevel'))) OR ($male->currentlevel < (grabanysetting('breedinglevel')))){ // check the adoptables' levels
            $article_content .= "Sorry, one of your adoptables don't have the minimum level to breed. Keep getting clicks for them so they can grow.";   
        } elseif ($female->aid == $male->aid) { //new
        $article_content .= "Sorry, you can not breed the same adoptable with itself.";
        }//end new
      // elseif($female->owner != $loggedinname or $male->owner != $loggedinname){ //commented these out so I wouldn't accidentally ban myself again
          // The adoptables do not belong to the owner... This user has apparently modified the content of drop-down form, and thus deserves his/her punishment
          // $ban = banuser($loggedinname);
          // $article_title = "An error has occurred";   
          // $article_content = "It appears that at least one of the adoptables selected do not belong to yours. You have been banned for this action, please contact site administrator for more info.";
        //}
        //elseif($female->gender != "f" or $male->gender != "m"){
          // The female's gender is male or male's gender is female? This user has apparently modified the content of drop-down form, and thus deserves his/her punishment
          // $ban = banuser($loggedinname);
          // $article_title = "An error has occurred";   
          // $article_content = "It appears that the female and/or male adoptables gender's have been modified. You have been banned for this action, please contact site administrator for more info.";             
      // } 
        else {
                        // we choose the type!
                        $types = array($female->type, $male->type);
                        $typerand = rand(0,1);               

// we choose the gender
                        $genders = array('f','f');
                        $genderrand = rand(0,1);                               
            $code = codegen(10, 0);

// MESSY - I'm blanking out on how to find the actual alt status stuff right now, any help would be lovely.
                        $alts = getaltstatus($female_species->id, 0, 0);

$time = time();
                $adopts->insert("owned_adoptables", array("aid" => NULL, "type" => $types[$typerand], "name" => $types[$typerand], "owner" => $loggedinname, "currentlevel" => 0, "totalclicks" => 0, "code" => $code,
                                        "imageurl" => NULL, "usealternates" => $alts, "tradestatus" => 'fortrade', "isfrozen" => 'no', "gender" => $genders[$genderrand], "lastbred" => 0));

$article_content = "Congratulations! Breeding is successful, you have acquired a baby {$types[$typerand]} from breeding center.
            <br><a href='myadopts.php'>Manage your new {$types[$typerand]} now!</a></p>";

$adopts->update("owned_adoptables", array("lastbred" => $time), "aid = '{$femaleid}'");
                        $adopts->update("owned_adoptables", array("lastbred" => $time), "aid = '{$maleid}'");

} // we end the place where it goes on if the levels are ok
    } //this bracket ends the else where we find the male/female id's
}// this is the end of if($isloggedin == "yes")
elseif($isloggedin == "yes" and $userstatus['canbreed'] == "no"){
    $article_content .= "It appears that you have been banned from breeding your adoptables. Please contact an administrator for assistance."; 
}
else {
    $article_content .= "You are not logged in. Please log in to use this feature.";
}

//***************//
//  OUTPUT PAGE  //
//***************//

echo showpage($article_title, $article_content, $date);

?>

I will probaby modify the ban that talks about modifying the code to try breeding adoptables that aren't yours, and modify it into not banning but having a message "Big brother is now watching you for trying to breed adoptables that aren't yours"

draugluin 10-30-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

How can I make an item that switches the adoptable's gender?
its a very interesting question. I've tried a item, which makes an adoptable male, but

PHP Code:

function items_male($item$adopt){

// Update the gender info.

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("gender" => 'm'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");    

$note "Its male now<br>";

//Update item quantity...

$delitem $item->removeitem(1$item->owner);  
  return 
$note;

does'nt work. I've copied it from "breed1" which changes the "lastbred to 0" modified to "gender = m"

where is the fault???

Hedgen 10-30-2012 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draugluin (Post 24926)
its a very interesting question. I've tried a item, which makes an adoptable male, but

PHP Code:

function items_male($item$adopt){

// Update the gender info.

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("gender" => 'm'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");    

$note "Its male now<br>";

return 
$note;

does'nt work. I've copied it from "breed1" which changes the "lastbred to 0" modified to "gender = m"

where is the fault???

I'll look into it a little when I get to school, have to leave in 20 minutes and need to get Math done I was suppose to last night ^^'

Unless of course you figure it out first :)

Edit: I have been messing with the code a bit and I can't seem to get it to work :( Sorry

draugluin 10-30-2012 11:12 AM

okay, I fixed it :usedusedused:

this is the code for useful gender-swap

PHP Code:

function items_alts1($item$adopt){

// First lets check if alternative image exists for an adoptable at this level.

$lev $GLOBALS['adopts']->select("levels", array(), "adoptiename='{$adopt->type}' and thisislevel ='{$adopt->currentlevel}'")->fetchObject();
  if(
$lev->alternateimage == ""){

// The alternate image does not exist, cannot convert adoptable into its alternate form

$note "It appears that your adoptable could not swap its gender...<br>";
  }
  else{

// The alternate image exists, conversion between primary and alternate image is possible.

switch($adopt->usealternates){
      case 
"yes"

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("usealternates" => 'no'"gender" => 'm'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");        

$note "{$adopt->name} is male.";
        break;
      default:

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("usealternates" => 'yes'"gender" => 'f'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");       

$note "  {$adopt->name} is female";
    }

}
  return 
$note;    

You only have to modify your text and have alternate images female.
I've the primary image for male and alternates for female.

much fun - I will have fun too - or better : my user

Hedgen 10-30-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draugluin (Post 24934)
okay, I fixed it :usedusedused:

this is the code for useful gender-swap

PHP Code:

function items_alts1($item$adopt){

// First lets check if alternative image exists for an adoptable at this level.

$lev $GLOBALS['adopts']->select("levels", array(), "adoptiename='{$adopt->type}' and thisislevel ='{$adopt->currentlevel}'")->fetchObject();
  if(
$lev->alternateimage == ""){

// The alternate image does not exist, cannot convert adoptable into its alternate form

$note "It appears that your adoptable could not swap its gender...<br>";
  }
  else{

// The alternate image exists, conversion between primary and alternate image is possible.

switch($adopt->usealternates){
      case 
"yes"

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("usealternates" => 'no'"gender" => 'm'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");        

$note "{$adopt->name} is male.";
        break;
      default:

$GLOBALS['adopts']->update("owned_adoptables", array("usealternates" => 'yes'"gender" => 'f'), "aid ='{$adopt->aid}' and owner='{$item->owner}'");       

$note "  {$adopt->name} is female";
    }

}
  return 
$note;    

You only have to modify your text and have alternate images female.
I've the primary image for male and alternates for female.

much fun - I will have fun too - or better : my user

That actually gives me an idea (more work for the artist I find to do art for the site also XD)
basically male and female versions of my adoptables, and certain adoptables that have normal alt images I can just add a check in that code so that if used on certain characters it doesn't allow you to gender swap xD. (for characters that must be female, and/or characters that have alternate forms, like one of my adoptables will have an alt form of a chimera. )

Anyways, thanks for the code! I probably never would have been able to write that xD (well I probably would if I knew more PHP xD)

Aasixx 10-30-2012 07:22 PM

I tried your code, draugluin and I got this: "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare items_alts1() (previously declared in /home/albisi9/public_html/functions/functions_items.php:179) in /home/albisi9/public_html/functions/functions_items.php on line 206"

I don't think it will allow you to call the new function "alts2" because when I change it to something different, it goes back to normal. :|

Hall of Famer 10-31-2012 08:34 AM

Well there is a duplicate function called items_alts1 in your script file, so apparently it aint gonna work. You'd have to comment out that function, replace it, or change the name to items_alt2.