Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   How would I integrate Adoptables to a user system? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572)

wilfred888 10-05-2010 05:41 PM

How would I integrate Adoptables to a user system?

For my website I'd like to integrate the adoptables system, I am starting from scratch but I'd like to keep the same users so they can login to the site for other purposes. What would the MySQL table have to look like and are there any other preparations needed?

redheadturkey 10-10-2010 12:43 AM

RE: How would I integrate Adoptables to a user system?

I'd say get the members table, but I don't know exactly how to tell you to handle this ---- sorry, there isn't much support anymore, even for donators

:( :(

wilfred888 10-11-2010 01:40 AM

Yep, that's sad.. I guess I'll keep the username from one table and add the extra ones from adoptables

BMR777 10-12-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilfred888
Yep, that's sad.. I guess I'll keep the username from one table and add the extra ones from adoptables

One thing to look at is the logincheck function in inc > functions.php. That function checks the user's cookie details against the database to see if they are using a valid username and password. You could change the table name and have it check another table for valid credentials. The adoptables script uses MD5 hashing for the passwords, so if you're integrating with a forum software you might also have to do some password conversion to work with the forum software. Also, login.php and logout.php would need to be modified, as well as handling of user groups.

MikiHeart 10-17-2010 09:00 AM

*was just randomly lurking for a moment*
What kind of user database do you have?
What kind of site?
If you wanted, you could always move over to the adoptable site, and match the database up as best as you can.

Or if you're using something like phpbb2, or phpbb3 forum, you can easily adapt the code into a mod for the website.
I can tell you it's possible because I did a rough front end, never got to the back end before the project became null.

wilfred888 10-19-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybertrash
*was just randomly lurking for a moment*
What kind of user database do you have?
What kind of site?
If you wanted, you could always move over to the adoptable site, and match the database up as best as you can.

Or if you're using something like phpbb2, or phpbb3 forum, you can easily adapt the code into a mod for the website.
I can tell you it's possible because I did a rough front end, never got to the back end before the project became null.

Thanks BMR. I currently use SMF, so it shouldn't be too hard as they both offer a lot of customization.