Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tutorials and Tips (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   The Useful Programs List (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1713)

Kaeliah 01-17-2011 03:42 PM

The Useful Programs List

First of all, if you download and use these programs it's up to you. These are hosted by parties not related to Mysidia, or myself at all. These are just some references to places where I've downloaded very useful programs to use for programming, art, or website management. Download at your own risk.

Free FTP Program: FileZilla
I've been using FileZilla for years, it works great and it's not difficult to learn how to use it. It's the best free FTP software that I know of.

Excellent PHP Editor: Notepad++
Notepad++ is amazing. It color codes the PHP like using the PHP tags here on the forum and also gives you tools to navigate, and mark the code. It doesn't debug it, but it's my favorite when it comes to editing code.

Free PHP Debugger: PHP Designer 2007
Fully features, free for personal use PHP editor/debugger. I think it does other codes as well but I'm not positive. I only use it if I can't find the code issue on my own, because I think it's hard to work with, but others may think otherwise.

Free Art Program: GIMP
GIMP is a free art program that has lots of fans. It's not as good as some paid programs, but it's free which makes it very popular and well used so there are lots of tutorials.

Know of some other great programs? Post them!

PTGigi 01-17-2011 03:50 PM

Hey I use FileZilla too :colonu:

More free stuff:

Also Pixlr is similar to an online Photoshop (or so I've heard), no download needed :meow:
Scratch is semi-easy to use and allows you to make great interactive features like games (though I fail at it XD)

Hall of Famer 01-17-2011 04:28 PM

Very helpful list, thank you so much for posting this Kaeliah. I'd also recommend Paint.NET(not to be confused with Microsoft Paint, lol) as an alternative choice for artists who cant pay for Adobe Photoshop(damn PS is way too expensive even for college students).

PTGigi 01-17-2011 04:44 PM

Photoshop is expensive but there's a website called AcademicSuperstore that gives discounts up to 80% for students and teachers, :smile: it makes it that much less of a hassle to get those epical Adobe programs :meow: (I still had to save up for a year to get the programs I wanted but I'd say that's a great website for people who want to purchase programs, obviously it's only good if you're a student or teacher though D: )

Tequila 01-17-2011 06:06 PM

If you don't want to shell out for Photoshop or Illstrator you could go Gimp or Inkscape. :)

Also if you like 3D as I do, Daz|Studio is a great free alternative to Poser, lots of freebies abound for both programs as well. :wiii:

Flash has a nice alternative in LiveSwif.

I've used all but Gimp and found them easy to adapt to. :smile:

PokePets 01-18-2011 09:45 AM

Thank you =D
My PC crashed & i didn't remember me the name of my PHP-edit program,
it was notepad++

Thankies ^___^

Hall of Famer 01-21-2011 04:08 AM

umm it seems that PHP Designer is not free, but I will give a try and see if it is worth paying.

Kaeliah 01-21-2011 09:48 AM

O.o I must find the website I downloaded my version on then... weird... Mine's free and it's not a trial...

Hall of Famer 01-21-2011 11:28 AM

Well I got it already, it wasnt really expensive though. It is really good to use though, since it automatically searches variables, functions and classes for you and detects errors whenever possible. Should be a good tool to use even when internet connection is bad or nonexistent.

Kaeliah 01-21-2011 01:38 PM

Yes, it's a nice tool. :) I need to reinstall mine though because it's glitchy.