Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Free Hosts? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3917)

AlexC 12-13-2012 05:23 AM

Free Hosts?

Okay, so I was wondering what everyone who was running free hosts, or has in the past, has used? I was using 99webs, but Nemesis doesn't support mysql 5.3, which is needed for the newest script and will be a requirement beyond that.

I have tried host-ed.me, which supports it, but I'm receiving errors and blank pages whenever I access a page that needs to talk to the database. :/ I've tried multiple sites for sign-ups, but all have fallen through in some way (don't have free accounts atm, didn't send me emails, etc). Any tips guys?

Requirements are;

- ad free, (linkbacks fine)
- mysql 5.3
- php and all that jazz
- okay size limit

I have my own domain, but can't afford paid hosting at this point.

Nieth 12-13-2012 06:33 AM

We use x10hosting right now, they provide you with unlimited bandwidth, but the size isn't that great. The problem is that a lot of the good hosts don't seem to keep their PHP or SQL up to date, eventually when I have the funds, I'm probably just going to build our own small server machine and host it myself.

Unfortunately, for now it looks like x10 is probably the only way to go that supports everything that the MSAscript has to offer.

AlexC 12-13-2012 02:16 PM

I was originally using x10 ages ago, but had a ton of problems with their uptime and so on. How are they nowerdays?

Hall of Famer 12-13-2012 02:22 PM

Well I think the requirement should be PHP 5.3, not mysql 5.3 lol.

AlexC 12-13-2012 02:28 PM

Wasn't the issue with the database and not the php though? Either way, yes, higher php as well.

I am testing one host at the moment that may work... I had issues transferring, but don't seem to have any now that I've upgraded. Have to see if anything pops up though, I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Hall of Famer 12-13-2012 02:39 PM

Well the issue is with PHP, Mys v1.3.2 right now requires PHP 5.3 to run properly. The database aint really a problem.

AlexC 12-13-2012 02:49 PM

ah, I see then. Alrighty. lol, getting a little confused I guess.

Abronsyth 12-13-2012 03:39 PM

Host-ed has been working perfectly for me. No errors at all.

AlexC 12-13-2012 03:40 PM

Darn, must have been something on my end then. I'm on host1free.com at the moment and seems to be running alright.

powerchaos 12-13-2012 04:24 PM

i used x10 hosting a long time ago ( about 5 years ago or even longer ago) when there was still a traffic limit

the reason why most hosts does not upgrade there php is because not everything is compitable with php 5.3 (unlike before )
a example is vbulletin , if you got a vbulletin 3 forum , then it will NOT work (lot of sesion errors and dublicate header errors ) unless they got that fixed in a patch

also mybb was having trouble with it ( i think it was 1.2 ) that shows some strange code that dit not get executed/reconised by php and only worked on 5.2

then you probaly wonder why they do not use multi php like some hosts does

well , to install that part , you need to install differend php instalations , configure them manual and use htacces to add a header handler
if 1 version got tweaked then the other need to be tweaked also , to run them at the same time can also give performance problems
and there are a few more reasons , try to update the php 5.3 version when main version is 5.2 .. probaly the 5.2 get updated, trows some errors and the 5.3 will even fail to work ( dublicated php or files or those errors you do not want to have )

anyway
from the days i was with x10 then they where great

Greetings From PowerChaos