Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Feature Requests (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Video Tutorial Request (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1561)

alonaria 09-20-2010 05:11 PM

Video Tutorial Request

I think it would be really cool if there could be a video tutorial on using the Adoptables Script. I'm more of a visual person, as in I need to see things rather than read them, and I know the written instructions should be simple for most but I find them a wee bit confusing. Plus, if someone isn't knowledgeable in using scripts some of the written tutorial wouldn't make much sense to them.

Thank you for reading!

~Alonaria~

Hall of Famer 09-21-2010 10:06 AM

RE: Video Tutorial Request

Well this is a very good idea honestly, I like it. I may consider doing it someday when I am not bugged by school. XD

alonaria 09-22-2010 05:32 PM

Yea, I was surprised when I found that nobody had suggested it. I guess everyone here are really amazing coders and fully understood the written instructions. ;)

Hall of Famer 09-23-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonaria
Yea, I was surprised when I found that nobody had suggested it. I guess everyone here are really amazing coders and fully understood the written instructions. ;)

Well I cant really say they are all amazing coders. Maybe they are, but this is rather irrelevant to whether there is a tutorial for newbies to PHP.

Anyway, didnt you ever notice that this place is rather inactive? There's no incentive for any members to attempt to make a tutorial like that when the project is on hiatus and possibly never comes back to life.

alonaria 09-23-2010 03:09 PM

That's a very good point. :)

Hmmm, another very good point. I really hope for this project to come back because it really is a wonderful idea.

Hall of Famer 09-23-2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonaria
That's a very good point. :)

Hmmm, another very good point. I really hope for this project to come back because it really is a wonderful idea.

Thanks for the comment. ^^

I hope so too, but I've sorta lost hope after seeing how Brandon actually had a huge amount of time to spend on myadopts.com but not this one.

alonaria 09-24-2010 04:58 PM

Yea. Too true, too true. I really think the only way to bring this project back would be if people started advertising it themselves since Brandon doesn't really care about it anymore. I really did have my heart set on creating my own site without MyAdopts but seeing the condition of this project I'm not sure there's much of a point.... I think I'll stay awhile, though, you seem to know a lot about coding and seem quite active, plus there also seems to be some other active members so I'll continue trying. :)

Wrim 09-24-2010 09:22 PM

I might be interested in doing something like this. What parts would you want help with?

alonaria 09-25-2010 08:21 AM

Hmmmm. I just thought that there could be one long video or a set of short videos for the average newbie to PHP and coding. Like, a tutorial about installing the script, how to get it on your website, etc.

alonaria 09-28-2010 07:41 AM

Oh, and maybe a tutorial about adding different mods.