Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Can't get into the Admin Panel? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508)

densaugeo 03-11-2009 03:44 AM

Can't get into the Admin Panel?

I've filled out everything in the config I needed to, the database is set up and everything. I mean, I've done the config things before for other things, so I definitely know how. But no matter what, it tells me I'm not authorized to view the admin panel. I've even made new usernames and passes and changed them in the config, but still it's not working. I can't imagine what I might've done wrong, could someone help me out? ^^;

BMR777 03-11-2009 05:33 PM

RE: Can't get into the Admin Panel?

Another user had the same issue, correct details and everything but still could not log in. Turns out their web host configured PHP's sessions to work differently then they do by default. Maybe this is the case with you? Check with your host and see if they have done anything custom to PHP sessions. :)

densaugeo 03-11-2009 05:43 PM

I got one of my friends to look at it and he fixed it for me :P Thanks anyway ^^ Nice script too. Think I might donate >.> I need to go make $10, lol

BMR777 03-11-2009 05:56 PM

:)

Glad you got it working. What was the issue? :)

densaugeo 03-11-2009 06:02 PM

He didn't say. All he said was it was very easy to fix. I'll ask him next time I get a chance ^^

lady jive 03-21-2009 12:17 PM

Have you found out what was the matter yet?

'Cause I'm having the same problem

BMR777 03-21-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady jive
Have you found out what was the matter yet?

'Cause I'm having the same problem

If your host has modified how PHP handles sessions this might cause issues. Ask your host if they have any custom setup for PHP's session handling.

lady jive 03-24-2009 09:16 AM

That sounded like gibberish to me to be honest :/ I am fairly new to PHP

Erm.. is there any way of explaining this to me in a bit of easier English?

Or possibly another solution?

BMR777 03-24-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady jive
That sounded like gibberish to me to be honest :/ I am fairly new to PHP

Erm.. is there any way of explaining this to me in a bit of easier English?

Or possibly another solution?

Just ask your web host if they have done anything special to how PHP handles sessions. If they have, ask them to reverse it on your account and then that should make it work properly. You wouldn't do anything, your host would. :)

lady jive 03-25-2009 08:32 AM

Well, another solution I tried is, I signed up to the site again, changed config.php with that username and password and now it works fine too (Y)