Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Webmasters Area (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Features to go with First (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4506)

Abronsyth 05-23-2014 04:48 AM

Features to go with First

I wasn't exactly sure where to plop this thread...

Anyways, I will have some funding available coming up shortly (next month) and I plan on using what's available to hire a short-term programmer to modify the script to add either one or two features, depending on price. Right now I have several features I'd like to have in place and pretty much bug-free before I open (which may be anywhere from 2015 to 2020 at this point).

So here are the features;

Need/enhanced by a Stats Feature
- Hunting system
Allows users to take a pet out hunting to catch prey, which may bring back items, currency, and/or raise pets stats.
- Competitive system
Allows users to enter pets into nonlethal/harmful competitions against other users that have entered that day, may earn prizes if they win, and stats whether they do or not.

Stats Features
- Aging Stats
These are hunger, thirst, mood, and hygiene. If these hit 0 for 1 week then a young pet will stop leveling. After adulthood these are replaced by Skill stats.
- Skill Stats
Once a pet reaches max level they can continue earning skill levels by doing things that raise their skills, such as playing with certain toys and entering competitions or hunting.

Fun Not-Stat Features
- In-Depth Exploring
Allows users to go exploring in the world with a little more interaction then the more basic click-to-go system already being worked on.
- Games
Simple games such as tic-tac-toe, rock-paper-scissors, higher or lower that gives users another way to earn some currency or items, and just have fun.

Purely User Features
- Human Avatars
A fun but not necessary feature that many pet games include simply to add an extra element. Allows users to customize an avatar how they like using in-game purchased clothing and other items.
- Forums
Integrated forums. Not separate software.

So these are the features I plan to include either now while I can afford it or later after computer science classes, when I can experiment and try to do it myself.

Which of these do you guys think would be the best two to add right now?

Warm regards,
Abron

squiggler 05-23-2014 10:27 AM

Well, I think the games would be the best to add because they tend to attract a lot of people. However, I think that you should also make a list of things you think you'll never be able to do, vs. what you think might be doable in the future and/or what is being added for free. Weigh that list against how much you'll need each feature, and you can better decide.

Abronsyth 05-24-2014 11:26 AM

Yes, games are a definite plus.

The explore feature, if I go with the simplistic style, I can do easily. The only thing is I'd like to include random events, but that could be a feature on its own, regardless of exploring.

I think the best user-attracting features would be mini-games and Competitive "sports" at this point, so I may focus on getting those added.

Thanks,
Abron