Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Error message on using admin tools (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4818)

missie 04-15-2015 03:44 PM

Error message on using admin tools

Ookay, so I successfully managed to install the script, and everything seems to be working except ...

When I clicked on "Admin Control Panel", I got this error message:

PHP Code:

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

Fatal error
: require(): Failed opening required '../inc/config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.4.37/share/pear'in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97 

Please help! :colonzero:

Hwona 04-15-2015 04:47 PM

Umm, are you sure you checked all permissions?

Kyttias 04-15-2015 06:08 PM

Well

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

that part I bolded should not be what it is. At all. So if you were following a tutorial someplace that asked you to put the name of your web page someplace and you copied and pasted without doing that, then, that's the issue.

missie 04-15-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyttias (Post 32304)
Well

Warning: require(../inc/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/disk7/1857677/www/[I]webpagename[/I]/classes/class_initializer.php on line 97

that part I bolded should not be what it is. At all. So if you were following a tutorial someplace that asked you to put the name of your web page someplace and you copied and pasted without doing that, then, that's the issue.

Actually, that's just because I just changed it when I was copying and pasting it. It appears find with the web page address when I open it for privacy issues. :usedusedused: Sorry for confusing you!

But even with the website address put in correctly, it's still not working and I'm not sure why this is the case.

missie 04-15-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallie987 (Post 32298)
Umm, are you sure you checked all permissions?

I set the permission of the gif, jpg and png folders to 777 and made the config.php set back to 644 after I was done. Is there any other permission taht I need to change? :happyc:

Kyttias 04-15-2015 11:28 PM

Well, I definitely can't tell if the include path is correct or not if you're modifying the error, so... I'm of no use. Without knowing more, and assuming it's nothing to do with any files that have been modified, I would say this could have something to do with the .htaccess file being ignored by Apache. Perhaps it's also just a permissions issue with the .htaccess file, so you could make sure it's set to 644, perhaps 666. Inevitably, though, if the main site is working but the AdminCP is not, then we might need more information.

What hosting did you settle on, by the way? That information is also relevant, in case it has to do with their Apache settings and if they're respecting the .htaccess file properly.

You might have to ask Hall of Famer directly about this one, in the end. I also ended up with a host where I couldn't access the AdminCP.

Inevitably, if you just want to develop a site for the fun of it before paying for hosting, I'll always recommend you just host it yourself by turning your computer into a mini web server, rather than trying to use 'free' online hosting.

Hall of Famer 04-16-2015 12:46 PM

Sometimes reinstalling the script can fix the issue for certain users, you may give that a try. Also the fix for x10hosting is worth trying too. This problem is very specific and the fix for each user may vary:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...39&postcount=2