Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.0[Security Release] (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3514)

SilverDragonTears 03-19-2012 02:28 PM

@HoF - Sorry :el: I removed it

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PokePets (Post 21872)
Yes my old adopt site is made with mys version 1.2
The newest verwion before the version that is yesterday released.

I see, would you mind either posting a new thread regarding the deletion of your old database? The problem is not really relevant to topic of this thread, but I know how important and urgent situation you are facing. I need you to provide more info in order to assist you on this issue. I do not suppose the installation of Mys v1.3.0 caused it, must be something else...

@Silverdragontears:
Oh really, but why? Uncomfortable with the usage of objects and single arrows in the new script? o_o

SilverDragonTears 03-19-2012 03:22 PM

@HoF - Nooooo! I removed my site spam, lol :)

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Kitsune (Post 21877)
@HoF - Nooooo! I removed my site spam, lol :)

Oh sorry, I thought you removed the beta site. Nvm I must have not been sleeping well lately. XD

Corsair 03-19-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 21869)
@Corsair:
Umm interesting. Now try to register on my dev demo site and see if you have the same problem. Its strange how you can log in like after a certain time. Id say your cookies and browser cache settings may be the cause of it:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/mys130b/index.php

It seems to be doing the same thing on your demo site.

Abronsyth 03-19-2012 04:07 PM

Hm, still does not seem to be working. I get this exact error:
Failed to create forum account

The Forum is on the same server, and everything has been entered correctly. I'm not sure what could be wrong...

EDIT:
Oh, and now I am having the problem where I can not login onto the Mysidia-made part of the site. It says "welcome back..." etc, but then logs me out right afterwards...I know someone else was having this problem, have you found a way to fix it yet..?

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 04:32 PM

Umm this is strange, I can log in right after I registered. Perhaps it has something to do with the way cookies are set, I will make sure to look into it later. Thanks for pointing it out for me.

@Iris:
Can you post your config_forum.php here so I can see what went wrong? Just make sure to get rid of the database password before posting, since you dont want people to see it.

Corsair 03-19-2012 04:44 PM

I'm confused all I did was fresh install and edit the forum config.

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 05:11 PM

umm there is another possibility though, the adoptables and forum cookies may be in conflict with each other. Anyway I have a redesigned cookie system for Mysidia Adoptables, it uses user_id and session_id to validate. Id say its a way more secure way of storing cookie, I will make it available soon and update the script files. I hope this will resolve the delayed login issue too for some of you.

KaceKuma 03-19-2012 05:11 PM

Could you explain what I'm supposed to put in the $mybbpath = ''; for the config_forum.php script? As in should I just put /forum or generationsaber.com/forum or what? My forum is set up in a separate folder called well..."forum".

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out... for others if they have this question and see this post the answer is put /forum .

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 05:55 PM

Well I will upload a slightly modified version of Mys v1.3.0 with new cookies system a few mins later. This should not only resolve your problem with user login, but also improve security significantly.

Edit: Download links updated already, enjoy and please lemme know if it works out for you or not.

Kesstryl 03-19-2012 08:06 PM

Which files have been updated? I just re-installed all this last night, I'm hoping all I have to do is upload the changed files and not do another re-install (I installed and set up the adoptables part, not the forums, didn't touch those yet). Can you list which changed files I need to upload?

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 08:09 PM

Well you need to replace all files that work with cookies, the following four I believe:
functions/functions.php
login.php
logout.php
register.php

Also go to phpmyadmin and add a new column 'session' with the type varchar(100) in table prefix.users.

Kesstryl 03-19-2012 08:11 PM

Thanks, appreciate :)

Corsair 03-19-2012 08:25 PM

I'm having the same issue.

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 08:28 PM

umm... Can you possibly try to clear up cookies and browser cache? Perhaps it has something to do with your cookies settings, but I am not quite sure about that. I tried it multiple times on my dev demo site(which actually is a fresh install), and never had problem logging in. And btw, how long does it really take you to be able to log in after registration?

Corsair 03-19-2012 08:34 PM

Nope I cleared my cache and cookies and the same thing.

Maybe you will have more luck with it.

adoptable site

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 08:43 PM

It does not work for me either, umm... Can you go to the table prefix.users and see if a session string is inserted into the column 'session'? Or if possible, take a screenshot of it so I will get a detailed view of what is going on.

Corsair 03-19-2012 08:47 PM

Wait let me mess with this a sec.

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 08:52 PM

umm... What problem did you find?

Corsair 03-19-2012 08:53 PM

http://i40.tinypic.com/nxkx2q.jpg

The host was acting weird on me

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 09:02 PM

umm this is... Did the same thing happen to all your databases on the host, or just this one? Anyway it seems that the user id is somewhat messed up. Change your uid to 1 and see if you can log in.

Corsair 03-19-2012 09:11 PM

Well I can login now without changing my ID. It seems the same has before I can't login right away and have to wait a certain time to login.

Corsair 03-19-2012 09:13 PM

I changed my id and now I can't login any more.:desudesudesu:

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 09:13 PM

umm but you said your databases were deleted?

Anyway you still have some big problems at this moment, looks like the profile page cannot be accessed...
http://dgmnworld.99webs.info/profile.php?user=Corsair

Edit: Oh lol nvm then... I was wondering why your user id is 3 as the root admin...

Corsair 03-19-2012 09:24 PM

The host CP was acting weird and it looked like I had no DB.

It seems all the users profile will not work. I don't know what I did wrong I set up the site as normal and only changed the forum_config.

Hall of Famer 03-19-2012 09:28 PM

Well we do not know if it is something wrong with your host or that the script does not work out for you at this moment. Please keep testing and lemme know what happens later tonight. I do not suppose it was hacked, otherwise Nemesis is doomed.

It seems that I can log in now, and the user profile indeed is not working. Does the table prefix_users_profile exist in your database? Just curious.

Edit: I installed the script on another server of mine, and it works flawlessly. The url is posted below, you can take a look yourself too. I am able to log in upon registration with however many alts I use. Would you mind contacting Nemesis for this? Perhaps he knows what is going on with the hosting service?
http://www.mysidiarpg.com/site/mys131/index.php

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 02:08 PM

HoF, sure, here:
<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

//Forum Integration Info: MyBB
$mybbenabled = 1;
$mybbhost = 'localhost';
$mybbuser = 'archurub_forum';
$mybbpass = 'PASSWORD IS HERE :D';
$mybbdbname = 'archurub_spiders';
$mybbpath = '/Forum';
$mybbprefix = 'forum';
?>

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 02:17 PM

@Iris_Spider:
You sure it is 'forum', not 'forum_'?

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 02:33 PM

HoF, you make me feel incredibly stupid. That was my mistake, and now the registration is working...however, it's still logging me out right after I login, but I'll download the (hopefully) fixed file and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Iris

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iris-spider (Post 21921)
HoF, you make me feel incredibly stupid. That was my mistake, and now the registration is working...however, it's still logging me out right after I login, but I'll download the (hopefully) fixed file and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,
Iris

Oh I am sorry about that, perhaps should've sent you a PM on how to fix it then. XD

Umm are you using Nemesis' hosting service? It is weird though, both Roconza and Pokepet had problems with Mys v1.3.0 using 99webs.info hosting. I tried it myself and looks like I cannot login either. I tested the script on both my old and new server, and they both are working. Id like to see when Nemesis visits this support forum and discuss with him. Perhaps it has something to do with the PHP and Mysql version he's using? Or some kind of settings on his server?

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 02:59 PM

Haha, no it's fine. I'll stick to being intelligent with tarantula-topics XD

Anyways, just finished setting it up and so far, so good. I am using x10hosting for hosting, so hopefully the problem was just in the cookies or something...I will let you know if anymore problems arise :)

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 03:02 PM

Alright, if the login problem is present for more than one hosting service, Id have to look into the way I coded the login script. It definitely works fine with me, but perhaps I am using a different PHP version, or the php.ini settings has something to do with it.

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 03:43 PM

The login is working perfectly, as is the registration, and everything else.

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 03:55 PM

Ah that's good to know Iris, thanks for informing me about this. Now it seems that nemesis' hosting service has some problems with th new script. I will contact him to see if a solution can be proposed.

Tequila 03-20-2012 04:11 PM

As far as I can see, everything works on my end (with custom theme) except the profile page... which I am currently reuploading. I haven't tried to register a new user yet, but that's next on my list.

Edit profiles work.. ;3

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 04:21 PM

@Nyxi:
Thats good to know, how did the profile page go wrong in the first place? And what did you do to fix it? Just curious.

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 05:45 PM

HoF, the only problem with the profiles is that, when I go to a user's profile, the top menu disappears. It's not a huge problem, but it is a problem, all the same.

Hall of Famer 03-20-2012 05:49 PM

Well I know about this two weeks ago. It may be a minor glitch, but sorry I just couldnt fix it myself. Perhaps Nyxi has some ideas on how to integrate two css files, since shes the artist.

And Corsair's profile issue is a little bit different. Look at the url below and you will see that users profile does not exist on her site:
http://dgmnworld.99webs.info/profile.php?user=Roconza

Abronsyth 03-20-2012 05:57 PM

It's fine, not a big problem, and it's easy to function without it...one thing, how am I to disable guests from posting in the shout box? (Those silly spammer bots...advertising adult things :T)