Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Feature Requests (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Admin Overhaul Request Thread (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1797)

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 09:58 AM

Admin Overhaul Request Thread

I am doing an admin overhaul. What does that mean? It means I'm completely changing a lot of things. Suggest ideas for functions you think the admin should have and I'll consider adding them to the overhaul.

These are the ones I'm already doing:

- Adoptable Conditions Overhaul
- Multiple Alternate Images will automatically be combined with this mod [s]and will not be released on its own.[/s]
- Better control of User Group Functions
- Better Organization of functions.
- BBCode Editor
- CSS Editor

NOTE: I'm not adding admin functions for mods, like trading and such. It's up to the creators of mods to have their own complete admin functions.

ChibiMaestro 01-24-2011 10:35 AM

Could you make it so a user can be in multiple user groups, instead of ONE per person? XD

And thanks for doing this Kae xD

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 10:39 AM

I could do that... can you give me some ideas of how that would be useful though? *is brain dead from doing calculus*

Arianna 01-24-2011 10:49 AM

Yesyesyesyes. :D The admin panel really needs it, haha.

What do you mean by better functions, though? Like, in the admin panel? 'Cause I've already (mostly) updated functions.php, for v1.2.0.

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 11:00 AM

I probably should've picked a better word... xD functions as... uploading an image is a function of the admin panel. It's something the admin panel 'does'. I wasn't referring to the functions.php file. :meow:

PTGigi 01-24-2011 11:42 AM

Multiple image uploading? I thought of an idea of how to code it but I have not tested out my idea yet XD

Also I recall someone on MA saying multi-image deleting for the image editing page, that might be good too :meow:

Hall of Famer 01-24-2011 11:45 AM

Well you can request anything in this thread, old suggestions made on RA or MA are also appreciated. I've added this create/edit/delete user's individual pets for acp enhancement, which should be readily available for Mys v1.2.0. Further overhaul of acp may come with later releases, either in Mys v1.2.x or v1.3.x series.

RoconzaArt 01-24-2011 11:49 AM

If it does not have already a easier way to banned/unbann users like perma bann and banning for a set amount of time form manage Users.

IE some one is banned for 24 hours or one week.

Hall of Famer 01-24-2011 11:51 AM

Thats a very interesting suggestion Roconza, I am afraid cron job must be used to code a temp-ban system? I am not that good with date and time syntax, so I cant really tell.

Kaeliah 01-24-2011 11:57 AM

I could do a tutorial on cron jobs. You can use cron jobs on 000webhost I know.