Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback and Suggestions (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Board Suggestion (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1734)

Tequila 01-19-2011 12:46 PM

Board Suggestion

While driving home this afternoon I starting to think about a few boards the forum could use.
  1. Services - For those of us who offer things like hosting (free or paid), artwork, templates, things of that nature
  2. Rant and Rave - not quite off-topic but more or less a place to complain about things and praise others to High Heaven (or other belief structure here)

What do we think?

Hall of Famer 01-19-2011 01:41 PM

Those sound fine to me, I will consider. For now lets leave it open to see what other dev staff and members have to comment.

Hall of Famer

Tequila 01-19-2011 02:29 PM

All right. :)

If we add them they can be post determined if needed. (ie: have 50 posts to be able to start a topic in this board)

Hall of Famer 01-19-2011 02:33 PM

Oh yeah, we can try adding post-based restrictions or else. I remember seeing a Vbulletin addon that does this, it is available on my pokemon forum already so shouldnt be a problem.

elfhome 01-19-2011 02:44 PM

I think it could potentially be a great idea. However you are right about the post count as the board could be misused to the point of annoyance if you let anyone who walks in off the street use it.

Hall of Famer 01-20-2011 10:04 AM

Thank you for your comment elfhome, we will still need more comments on this before deciding whether to adopt Enddayne's idea.

PTGigi 01-21-2011 10:35 PM

Service-Sounds like a great idea :D Maybe people could also ask for service there too? So it's for asking for help (just like a problem but a coder or an artist, etc) or posting you'll help out :meow:
Rave and Rant-I've never heard of this type of thing :veeee: And I don't know what to expect so no opinion :hmmm:

Kaeliah 01-21-2011 10:56 PM

I think services isn't a bad idea... Although we may want to be careful about scammers and the like. The second one I would suggest as a sub-board of the off-topic board. :)

Tequila 01-22-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemontrainergigi (Post 13066)
Service-Sounds like a great idea :D Maybe people could also ask for service there too? So it's for asking for help (just like a problem but a coder or an artist, etc) or posting you'll help out :meow:
Rave and Rant-I've never heard of this type of thing :veeee: And I don't know what to expect so no opinion :hmmm:

That would work... Good ideas for the service one.

Rant and Rave is more like a place to complain and/or praise certain things, people, work, etc...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaeliah (Post 13073)
I think services isn't a bad idea... Although we may want to be careful about scammers and the like. The second one I would suggest as a sub-board of the off-topic board. :)

That's why I brought up a post limit for services, HoF would have to determine that though.

Ah, I didn't think of that... :bucktard:

tittlemouse 03-15-2011 04:27 AM

I think this would be a great addition to the board it would help sellers to get notice whilst helping buyers at the same time to find the service they are looking for.