Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3[Security Release] (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4057)

Abronsyth 03-17-2013 03:35 PM

http://www.bellesombres.com is my site and http://www.bellesombres.com/levelup/daycare is what the default link is for the daycare.

The only bits I've changed were in the footer, and the theme.

Hall of Famer 03-17-2013 04:39 PM

It appears that the problem is not just with daycare. The profile page wont show either, it seems that you cannot have a valid url longer than this yoursite.com/controller. If you specify a non-default action for your controller, it wont show.

Anyway did this happen to you right after you installed the site? Or did it just occur after you played with the script for a bit(like changing the theme, adding an .htaccess file to forum directory)?

Abronsyth 03-18-2013 03:30 PM

Um, this was happening before I altered anything. I haven't really had time to look around much...though apparently I can't log out once logged in either.

Infernette 03-18-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abronsyth (Post 26391)
Um, this was happening before I altered anything. I haven't really had time to look around much...though apparently I can't log out once logged in either.

Heh, I'm also having this problem too, so it's not just you that is getting this either. :)

Hall of Famer 03-18-2013 04:44 PM

umm this is too bad, the url rewrite is not funcitioning as it should. I'd like to look into this in detail, perhaps it has something to do with caching. Try changing the CMD of the folder /templates/cache and /template/compile to 777 and see if the error persists. If so, please lemme know and I will look more into it. In the worst case scenario, you will need to provide me with ftp access and I can play with the script a bit on your server to see why it aint working.

Abronsyth 03-18-2013 05:37 PM

Changed the permissions but it's still not working...let me know if you'd like the FTP details and I can send them to you via PM. I trust you won't do anything to destroy my site (on purpose) XD

Hall of Famer 03-18-2013 05:50 PM

Of course thats the least thing I would do. XD So yeah, Id like to see what the problem is by running a few PHP tests. After all, thats how I detect and resolve most glitches. This one isnt likely to be a bug, more like a server environment issue. I will see what I can do.

Kesstryl 03-18-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 26352)
Thank you so much for your comment, Monopet. And well, we are making this script for free and it will remain to be free. If there's a wish I can make, I hope more people will be using the script and find it enjoyable. I aint that optimistic though, the script has never been popular to begin with and chances are it never will be. I am fine so long as there are at least a few regular users here so that I can get constant feedback and suggestions.

Are you kidding me? This script is great! I love the support it has, the updates, right now it's the best thing out there aside from getting a programmer to code you a game for a fee. I'm grateful for all the hard work put into this. As an artist who is not a professional programmer, this means so much to me, to be able to turn my art into an interactive game. Even if there is ever a paid version and I pay for it, I will always keep the "powered by Mysidia" in the footer because I believe in giving credit where it belongs

Hall of Famer 03-18-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesstryl (Post 26398)
Are you kidding me? This script is great! I love the support it has, the updates, right now it's the best thing out there aside from getting a programmer to code you a game for a fee. I'm grateful for all the hard work put into this. As an artist who is not a professional programmer, this means so much to me, to be able to turn my art into an interactive game. Even if there is ever a paid version and I pay for it, I will always keep the "powered by Mysidia" in the footer because I believe in giving credit where it belongs

Thank you so much for saying this Miss Kesstryl, I really appreciate all these. And yeah, I actually consider the code in Mys v1.3.3 somewhat decent, unlike the previous versions which had quite a bit of spaghetti code. Anyway, I plan to achieve a somewhat professional-looking object-oriented script by Mys v1.4.0, it is going in the right direction. Please do keep following our updates and you will see what I am doing next for Mys v1.3.4 and v1.4.0.

Missy Master 03-19-2013 10:04 PM

I was off a few days and I missed this, but YAY! It's here!!! I cannot wait to try this out!!

I'm so happy to see it at last!! Good work HoF and all who worked on it!! :)