Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Webmasters Area (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Name for my web design service? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4446)

tahbikat 03-30-2014 08:00 AM

Name for my web design service?

As some of you know, I'm bad with names.

I want a nice, easily remembered name for my little web design business. I use cat/kat in my name a lot, so I was thinking maybe Alleycat Designs or something, but I'm scared this will put people off since actual alley cats are depicted as sly and dirty. I think I'd really like "cat/kat" in the name because I already have my kitty logo made. :P

Anyone have ideas?

I was going to go with TAH Creative but I'm just not feeling it, lol.

Abronsyth 03-30-2014 10:30 AM

The Painted Cat? The Cat's Meow (haha)? I do like Alleycat Designs, but there's also Tabbycat (which your username reminds me of XD), Le Chat D'art (the art cat), I'll think of more later...(Purrfect Web Design? XD)

tahbikat 03-30-2014 01:00 PM

Yea I was thinking about Tabby Cat too. c: Tabby Cat would incorporate my own nickname. My real name's Tabitha. Nickname Tabi/Tabby. Lol but I'm not sure.

Would love to hear more ideas if you or anyone else has some. (:

squiggler 03-31-2014 03:27 AM

Cat Attack Productions?
Kitten-riffic Designs?

Kyttias 04-01-2014 04:49 PM

I decided I was going to do something similar just the other day! I read a zillion little articles for advice, over what ends up being a cliche name and what seems super original. I ended up stumbling upon this glossary of Positive Adjectives.

So it becomes a game of 'pick a word that reminds me best of me that somehow looks nice with the other word that I want'. Double constants tend to help. For example 'Tenacious Tabbies Design' and then the end 'Design' becomes slightly unimportant. You can title your page with the full title but from there on out just refer to yourself without Design in the title.

I'm just a little worried you may end up sounding too much like a pet store, if you're not careful. ^^;

tahbikat 04-04-2014 01:14 AM

Thanks Kyttias. Yea, I wanted something catchy and TAH Creative wasn't very catchy which is why I'm letting it go. I really want to find the perfect name (for me) though, so I won't be wanting to constantly switch up. There were a few names I liked but they were already taken. :c

I'm rethinking having "cat" in it, haha. Just because I go by "cat" a lot of places I don't think I should name my business that. I think I'm going to think of things I enjoyed a lot back in my childhood (and hope to have back in the future) and see what I can come up with. c:

squiggler 04-04-2014 01:44 PM

One last cat one: Designs by kittens?
Hmm...why not go with your site- Mysgardian Designs? You could carry the branding across.

tahbikat 04-05-2014 02:08 AM

Hmm, I think I'll consider that squiggler! If I can't come up with anything I like, I'll do the Mysgardian Design one. ^^ That's a good idea! Thanks! <3