Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Adopt Page Error for v.1.3.3 (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4071)

Hwona 03-23-2013 08:30 PM

Adopt Page Error for v.1.3.3

There's a little error on the adopt page, but everything else seems to be working just fine... was there supposed to be a functions_adopt folder or something? I don't have one..

Fatal error: Call to a member function count() on a non-object in /home/wallie12/public_html/classes/abstract/abstract_guicontainer.php on line 392

Hall of Famer 03-23-2013 09:08 PM

Umm looks like you get the same error as iris. Did you create an adoptable already? Is it not available to adopt? If so, this may be the cause of the error.

Hwona 03-23-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 26429)
Umm looks like you get the same error as iris. Did you create an adoptable already? Is it not available to adopt? If so, this may be the cause of the error.

Well, I created an adopt and it requires a promocode. EDIT: Oh! There has to be an available adopt! But unfortunately, I can't purge or retire that adopt. o.o

Hall of Famer 03-23-2013 09:44 PM

I see, so this is the issue. Please post it in the bug tracker, I will find a way to change this fatal error to a standard message saying that no adoptable is currently available.

Hwona 03-23-2013 09:54 PM

Re

Yup! Wait, which bug do I post? The un-purgable adopt one, or the adopt page error? Will this error appear if there are adoptables for sale (but not free)?

Hall of Famer 03-23-2013 10:47 PM

The guicontainer count() error one, yes this is a minor glitch. The error is not present when you have not even create a pet in ACP, it only affects sites that have pets in database but just nothing available to adopt.

superdude44 05-26-2013 02:12 PM

I have this error as well. However I'm quite sure I understand. I have made the adoptable, and I could have sworn it was available. Is there a specific way to make it available?

Missy Master 05-26-2013 08:14 PM

As HoF said in his post, there's an error that is going to be worked on and corrected :)

There has to actually be an avail adopt -- you're sure yours is avail, and there's nothing altered in the specs as to make it not available? Or avail only to certain groups?

superdude44 05-26-2013 10:21 PM

would an example of an alteration be an adoptable limit of 5? If so, then yeah I don't have available adoptables.

Hall of Famer 05-26-2013 11:26 PM

Well in Mys v1.3.3 the adoption center will throw a fatal error if you do not have available pets to adopt at the moment you visit it. If you decide to use adoptables shop completely, you may as well remove adoption center. If you are just playing with the adoption conditions, you can fix the problem by looking at a thread I posted in the Bug Tracker.