Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Projects > The Bug Tracker > Bug

Notices

Autoban Issue Tools
issueid=9 03-31-2012 10:52 AM
I am your Nemesis.
Autoban

There is a autoban on picking up an egg that someone has already picked up. While this does prevent the pound-glitch, it also bans people who are just trying to claim an abandoned egg.
Issue Details
Project The Bug Tracker
Category Unknown
Status Not a Bug
Priority Unknown
Affected Version Mys v1.3.0
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-31-2012 11:48 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

I see, I will revise the pound script today so hopefully every glitch associated with Pound system will be fixed. And can you explain this a bit more clear? I thought people aint supposed to claim eggs already picked up by others in the first place.

Also do not label glitch as priority 1 highest unless it is a fatal flaw that makes your site stop running, or that a security flaw that allows a hacker to steal all information about your site/database.
04-04-2012 09:54 AM

Code:
  if($num > 0 and $poundadopt->owner != "SYSTEM"){
    //The adoptable exists, and has an owner. This is bad...
    $adopts->query("UPDATE {$prefix}users SET usergroup=5 WHERE username='{$loggedinname}'"); 
    $article_title = "An error has occurred";
    $article_content = "It seems that this very adoptable has owner already... You have been banned for this action and please contact site administrator if you need help.";
  }
The problem is that it bans people who aren't doing anything wrong.

Scenario:
User A and User B go to the pound.
User A clicks and gets the adopt.
User B clicks and is banned.

The code doesn't allow for the possibility of more than one person clicking on an adopt, or of a person being slower to load the pound page and thus loading pound-adopts that have already been adopted by the time they get there.
04-04-2012 11:27 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

I see, thanks for pointing it out. I never had that problem myself since it is only me on my dev demo site. I did always register alts to check the script for multiple-users, but this apparently is not that simple. It involves multiple users doing the same thing at the same time. The easiest way to fix the problem is to check the time an adoptable is pounded/re-adopted. I will design a new pound system for Mys v1.3.1, hopefully it will serve everyone right.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue