Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Projects > The Bug Tracker > Bug

Notices

THIS site/forum's images and links Issue Tools
issueid=44 06-26-2014 02:18 PM
Premium Member
THIS site/forum's images and links
Images both in signatures and in threads seem to always link to themselves. (Click them and they open up a new window/tab with themselves?) -- instead of the link wrapped around them.

Images both in signatures and in threads seem to always link to themselves. (Click them and they open up a new window/tab with themselves?) -- instead of the link wrapped around them.

So, for example, people's signatures. I can hover over the image and it says it's going to take me to a website/forum post/somewhere specific, and clicking on the image, it actually just takes me to a direct link of that image itself. All images are acting like links for some reason? And if there is a link, it ignores it in favor of just visiting the image instead.

I'm using Chrome, and I swear this didn't use to happen? I only started noticing it about a week ago, but maybe it's always been this way. It shouldn't be this way...

This just isn't working as intended:
Code:
[*URL=""][IMG][/IMG][/URL]
. . . and oddly enough, if I didn't add the *, it attempted to work even in the code brackets.

Doing it here seems to work, but doing it signatures does not work properly. My signature doesn't link to my thread, and a couple of other people's signatures do not link to their sites. I can right-click them and grab the proper destination url, however.

Oh, and, um... sorry I used the official bug report tracker to do this even though it was an issue for this site and not the script? But I wanted to be sure it was seen.
Issue Details
Project The Bug Tracker
Category Unknown
Status Not a Bug
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version Mys v1.3.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-26-2014 06:29 PM
Squiggling since 1995

If there is a link as well, it opens 2 tabs for me. This has always been this way for me. I use Firefox.
06-27-2014 02:22 PM
Premium Member

=/ I've never had any link ever open more than one tab in the entire history of my internet-ing? (And it's definitely not default behavior in Chrome, my research just points me to a lot of posts going 'install this addon'.) The only way I can get it to go to the correct location is if I right click it and select 'open link in new tab', else, clicking things like this just goes to the image.

I'm really confused by this behavior. . . what's causing it to open the image at all? Why would we want that? If I wanted the image, I could right click and 'copy image url'. I think a link should always take priority, obviously.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue