Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Projects > The Bug Tracker > Bug

Notices

css glitch with tabs and pagination Issue Tools
issueid=7 03-28-2012 07:05 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder
css glitch with tabs and pagination
The css font style and size for tabs/pagination mess up with the main css

This may not be a glitch that causes serious malfunction to sites, but can hurt your eyes much. The css of tabs and pagination does not seem to be compatible with the main theme's, as the font style and size are messed up in profile tabs and whenever pagination class is used. The tabs css also makes drop-down menu disappear magically, for unknown reason. I've assigned Nyxi to fix this bug, hopefully it will be done before Mys v1.3.1 release.
Issue Details
Project The Bug Tracker
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version Mys v1.3.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users Tequila
Tags (none)

04-25-2013 03:14 PM

Well I've uploaded the menu class and menu css that will not conflict with the tabs css. The problem here is that the tabs css use the div class called .hide, which was also present in menu css. For this reason Id recommend all of you to be aware of this and try to name your div class by another name rather than .hide, which is already 'booked' by the tabs css.
04-27-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
Well I've uploaded the menu class and menu css that will not conflict with the tabs css. The problem here is that the tabs css use the div class called .hide, which was also present in menu css. For this reason Id recommend all of you to be aware of this and try to name your div class by another name rather than .hide, which is already 'booked' by the tabs css.
Yes HOF thank you very good point. Yes please people when working in css and making class and id names for plug ins and or themes and what not, try to use unique naming to not cause conflicts.

On the source this should also be considered to not cause standard css conflicts. (not a huge demand, but just a thought to keep in mind.)

I will check my use of the .hide class in my upcoming site map plug in.

again thank you for this info HOF it is very helpful
04-27-2013 02:48 PM

Well one possible way to get by this is to use prefixing, say .menu_hide and .tabs_hide. In PHP there is this concept called namespace, which is nonexistent in the world of css. For this reason, Id rather consider prefixing or changing the class name to an uncommon one.
04-28-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
Well one possible way to get by this is to use prefixing, say .menu_hide and .tabs_hide. In PHP there is this concept called namespace, which is nonexistent in the world of css. For this reason, Id rather consider prefixing or changing the class name to an uncommon one.
lol truly now your going to love my upcoming map source as I implemented a js math set that suffixes "_over" onto the class names to not use the standard :hover feature of css. it is very interesting concept to handle sprites in a way not standard to the usual source code uses, but secures the sprites and hover abilities in a way that makes for a much stronger class structure. you will see it. The whole thing will be available and open source to the community here, and rightfully so I am designing the whole thing just for this community so they should have it openly. lol trust that I do not suggest using js to prefix the classes in the main script source but it is very interesting and it can be done using a very small js code lol if someone was so inclined to need it to.

lol it would have to be modified but here is the simple js for the hover over class name changes

Code:
function onMouseOver(){ this.className += '_over'; }
function onMouseOut(){ this.className = this.className.replace('_over', ''); }

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue