Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Projects > The Bug Tracker > Bug

Notices

Information on pet with most clicks works only sometimes Issue Tools
issueid=60 02-27-2017 06:23 PM
Information on pet with most clicks works only sometimes
The script will sometimes show the wrong pet when choosing the one with the most clicks

I discovered this problem yesterday, and it's that showing the information of the pet with the most clicks will not always work, but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it works and when it doesn't.

PHP Code:
$topclicks $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("totalclicks"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadopt $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("name"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadoptowner $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("owner"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn(); 
I use this code to get the name, name of the owner, and amount of clicks of the most clicked adoptable of that species. It will sometimes pick my pet, which doesn't have the most clicks. The problem is that I have the exact same line of code repeated throughout my php file, and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.
PHP Code:
$topclicks $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("totalclicks"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadopt $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("name"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadoptowner $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("owner"), "Type='{$species}'""1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn(); 
Issue Details
Project The Bug Tracker
Category Unknown
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version Mys v1.3.4
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-24-2017 11:52 AM

Some odd behavior might come from having multiple cells fetched. You could try selecting the adoptable code and making it an OwnedAdoptable.

$topclicks = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("aid"), "Type='{$species}'", "1 ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$adopt = new OwnedAdoptable($topclicks);
Then use the OwnedAdoptable class attributes to fill in everything you need

When you fetch a column you're getting just the data in that cell. If you pick the AID you'll be able to make an OwnedAdoptable. You could also reduce your statement to:
$pet = $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array(), "Type='{$species}' ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1")->fetchObject();
03-31-2017 03:17 PM

Im not a coder and don't know if this will be useful or if it will work for you, but for me it works:
PHP Code:
    $topclicks $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("totalclicks"), "Type='{$species}' ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadopt $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("name"), "Type='{$species}' ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn();

$topadoptowner $mysidia->db->select("owned_adoptables", array("owner"), "Type='{$species}' ORDER BY totalclicks DESC LIMIT 1")->fetchColumn(); 
is the same code you provided for the encyclopedia i just removed the: ", "1 from each one and united Type with ORDER, don't know if is the correct way but that's how you can find it in the myadopts.php
and now is displaying the correct info

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue