View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 PM

Credits: 69,630
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to offer variety of choice basically. I didn't want to have the adoption center overflowing with different types and hiding all of those promo codes would have killed me over time, so I thought, just let the members do some of the work, right? Besides, it promotes member interaction and coming back to the site; checking for orders or seeing what new ratteries have (since they could have any type of updating pattern, as appose to the one rat a week thing I'm planning to do).

It's also from realistic undertones again - breeders account for a pretty large presentage of rats in private hands. Basically, you get them from snake food breeders, pet stores that bred their own or from breeders (some of whom are actual breeders and others who are just idiots). Breeders also account for what passes as pedigree or healthy lineage.

Plus, when I was first doing this site and would ask people what they wanted, everyone had completely different answers, so I was just like "screw this" and made ratteries. Want a certain type? Breed it yourself! :D