View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 08:55 AM

Credits: 50,614
Nemesis is on a distinguished road

the auto installer for mysidia needs these things:

Domain binding - when a user creates a site either with a subdomain from us or their own domain our server needs to know what directory is associated with that domain.

Problem - Zpanel already reads/writes to that file when it creates domains for users. If my script edits/reads from it their could be lock ups and all domains could break. not to mention it is very confusing in there.

SQL database - the auto installer needs to make databases and users for each site.

Problem - We already have a good amount of users and databases. this script would add to it and with more access would slow things down. Also with two scripts accessing same resource something is bound to screw up.

Transfer Mysidia files to directory - Once all of the above is done the auto installer needs to download and install the mysidia script.

Problem - we are down to our last few GB so an upgrade will be necessary soon. But even sooner if people can create sites then never use them. Also again zpanel already sets up a default webpage and could be serious conflicts if not done right.

So basically Zpanel keeps getting in the way. so by dedicated server I mean a vps with nothing other than the mysidia auto installer on it. But I noknow longer want to undertake this whole project myself. Sorry but I miscalculated the complexity of building this auto installer into my current server build.