Thread: Hi~!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 104,561
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Hi~!

I'm new here, so here's a quick introduction to me:

I'm not shy when it comes to working with code. In fact, coming into this, I don't even have a single adoptable pet design in mind. I'm an artist, too, and probably better at art than coding, but I have a deep love of coding. I'll be turning 24 early this summer, and then shortly after, I'll be moving in with the love of my life.

As far as coding goes, I have some experience with php. I've been tinkering for two years and I've got a book and all of Google on my side. Basic comprehension? Yes. Trial and error modifying? Totally. I'm optimistic. But my strong points lie more towards jQuery. If I can bring anything worthwhile to the table, I'll consider sharing it!

The first thing I'm doing with my code is implementing Bootstrap. It's a css framework, so a lot of the basic styling work is done. Bootswatch provides lots of basic themes for Bootstrap, but there are sites like this one that allow you to quickly make your own color schemes all ready for Bootstrap. There's a huge community following for Bootstrap, so that's why I'm choosing to implement it into my first template.

So far? So good. Here's a screenshot.

But because of the way links are populated with Mysidia, I've had to get creative with hacking in the navbar. In the end, it'll be a blend between the drop down menus that come with Mysidia, but with as much of the look of Bootstrap as I can manage. I'm afraid to muck with Mysidia's code too much because I really do want to manage my links through the admin panel instead of by hand.

My major question is? How can I add a caret (down arrow) after the links in the navigation bar that have a drop down (which is most of them, and for that matter, I feel I can safely remove 'Home')?

Basically I want to add in:
HTML Code:
<b class="caret"></b>
After each link. Can that be done by modifying class_menu.php somehow?

Hmm~hmm~ this and many more mysteries to come, I think.