View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 AM

Credits: 1,314
krazykat1980 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Are 2 script paths possible? And strange errors...

I'm having an interesting problem here... I had a domain I wasn't using and my hosting account on Godaddy lets me have multiple domains on the same account. I set up my extra account so that my 'adoptables' folder is the root (in other words if you type in my url it goes straight there). The problem is, if I don't include the script path (/adoptables) in config.php I get script errors... but when I do my admin cp gets errors... and the site doesn't look right... like all the design elements are missing or something

Is there a way to set in config.php for the script to check 2 paths instead of the one? I'm thinking that might work... set it to blank path and /adoptables...

Errors I'm getting at the moment on the admin cp:
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LanguageException' with message 'Language var default does not exist.' in 
/home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_language.php:68 Stack trace: #0 /home/content/43/10587843
/html/adoptables/admincp/view/admincpview.php(18): Language->__get('default') #1 /home/content/43/10587843
/html/adoptables/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(100): AdminCPView->index() #2 /home/content/43/10587843
/html/adoptables/admincp/index.php(109): FrontController->render() #3 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables
/admincp/index.php(113): AdminCP::main() #4 {main} thrown in /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes
/class_language.php on line 68
If I specifically point my browser to mysite.com/adoptables/admincp I get these errors:
Code:
Warning: require(../classes/class_loader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_initializer.php on line 103

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../classes/class_loader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3
/lib/php') in /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_initializer.php on line 103

When I go and comment out that line in class_language.php the admin page then loads - but looks cruddy just like the main part of the adoptables site.... but any links on the page get this error:
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Fatal Error: Class Registry either does not exist, or has its
 include path misconfigured!' in /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_loader.php:83 Stack trace: #0
 [internal function]: Loader->load('Registry') #1 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes
/class_initializer.php(106): spl_autoload_call('Registry') #2 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes
/class_initializer.php(45): Initializer->initialize() #3 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/index.php(68):
 Initializer->__construct() #4 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/index.php(78): IndexController::main() #5 {main}
 thrown in /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_loader.php on line 83
And for the heck of it.... when I comment out that line in class_loader.php I get these errors:
Code:
Warning: require(../classes/class_loader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
 /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_initializer.php on line 103

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../classes/class_loader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3
/lib/php') in /home/content/43/10587843/html/adoptables/classes/class_initializer.php on line 103
I tried pointing my domain at root instead of using the 'adoptables' folder as root, but then it still didn't work quite right and then you could access the page from 2 urls which I didn't like (this-site.com/adoptables and site-2.com/adoptables)

So I think if I could tell it to check 'root' and 'adoptables' it might work since half of it works one way and half the other..... or something.... if you want to see what I mean by looks cruddy you can peek at http://fixmyfarmville.com/ (farmville broke too bad to even bother building the site and I've been paying for this domain for like 5 years without using it... figured I might as well use it to experiment with this lol)

I'm using Mysidida Adoptables 1.3.4

Of course Godaddy couldn't have made it EASY to run more than one domain on the same account.... jeez....

Last edited by krazykat1980; 05-06-2014 at 05:46 AM.