View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Goldfish Fanatic

Credits: 11,763
ilrak is on a distinguished road
Default Trying to make a marking changer for adopts.

So, I'm using a mod similar to the gender change one that Wallie made and breed change mod that kristhasirah made to try and make a marking changer and I'm running into problems.

I want to make it so that each adopt has a "hidden" color that can be brought out by the markings, so a fish that has the colors "Gold/Gold/Black" would not have the black show until the marking is added. When I only have one adopt specified, then it works well.

PHP Code:
function items_changecalico($item$adopt){ 

$mysidia Registry:: get("mysidia"); 

//Let's check if the adoptable is a Common (Gold/Gold/Black). 

$type $mysidia -> db -> select ("owned_adoptables", array("type"), "aid='{$adopt->aid}' and owner ='{$item->owner}'") -> fetchColumn();   
        if(
$type == "Common (Gold/Gold/Black)") { 

//The adoptable is does not have calico. It's type can be switched to a Common (Gold/Gold/BlackCalico). 

switch($adopt->type){ 
                case 
"$type"

$mysidia -> db -> update("owned_adoptables", array("type" => 'Common (Gold/Gold/BlackCalico)'),"aid='{$adopt->aid}' and owner ='{$item->owner}'"); 

$note "Your adoptable {$adopt->name} is now a Common (Gold/Gold/BlackCalico)."; }

//Update item quantity... 

$delitem $item->remove(); 

$note "It appears your adoptable can't use the potion."; } 
        } 
        return 
$note
        } 
I tried, however, to add in another "if" section with the next color which is all gold (because I want to set up some breed adopts where you can mix the markings), but the breed change didn't work. I didn't realize at the time that you can't have multiple outcomes in a function I guess.

What I'm wondering is if doing an array would work the way that I want it to. If not, are there any other suggestions anyone might have that might work? I'm going to keep tinkering with this on my days off because this is one of the things that I need to fix before I set up the alpha tests on my site.

Hopefully I'm making sense with my questions, too. I'm having one of those weeks where my language skills are off (and I can't blame wedding brain anymore)

Thanks!