View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:02 AM

Credits: 2,029
loglive
Default Real pet website?

Hi everyone, I'm just a bit younger than water, however your script looks like fun. Could someone explain the big idea behind this, how it actually works?
From my understanding, admin can enter a few characters into the gallery, showing the evolution of the character.
I don't really understand why anyone would create an account and pick one of the characters and ask or wait for someone to come back on the site daily just to click on that? Could anyone clarify?

On the other hand, if a user would be able to post their own pet, let's say a cat or a bird, it would create some kind of competition and they would do everything to see their darlings first in top.

So, the way I see this kids script is: as an admin, you can create some free adoptables by default and link them to some popup advertising or something and on the other hand allow users to upgrade to a premium membership where they could add their own pet, with real pictures.
Of course the pics should be approved by admin to keep the site clean, right?

Brandon, you can encourage people to become your premium members by just adding some adoptables to download so that they can start the site immediately after install.

Also, could you create a bridge between your adoptables and one of the forums you know so well, mybb or AEF, with mutual user login and some kind of points transfer?