Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodrun
Default RE: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapyramid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapyramid
The trading feature is on honor type system but it works well & in the 3 or 4 months I have had it operating I have not had a single "dishonest' trade problem to work with. If you pm me we can talk about it more.

Sea
Dishonest trade problem?

Could you explain that a little more?

How is your trade system set up, is a automatic system where the person chooses the pet and the person they want to trade it to, and clicks submit?

Basically what I am asking, is there a way (that you know of) that someone could around the system and trade things or do something to a point where you wouldn't want them to?
It is not a "True" Trading system. It is more correctly a 'Gifting System' and very simple to implement. Basically it allows members to gift each other pets, so if someone wants to trade they set it up & each send the appropiate pet to each other. So it works well as a trading system but those wishing to trade do so on an "honor" type thing. So far everyone who has traded has kept up thier end of the deal.

We have a ton of 'gifting ' happening all the time though. Members have started a "wish list" section in our forum basically stating what they are looking for and what they have to offer in trades. Those people more often then not just get gifted the pets they are looking for with nothing asked for in return. It is really quite sweet.

I have also set up a "trade auction" so that you can place pets you are willing to trade into it & then it shows on a private page so you can remove them or just see what you have & a public page where all pets up for trade are shown with links to the owners pm so people can contact them with ease.

Sea
Ahh, I understand now thanks for the explanation.