Thread: Novul
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,844
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

official color wheel
I've finally come to a decision on the official color palette for the site. There will still be 'skins'/'brushes' like on other sites (and also 'accent' skins - transparent ones that do not cover your entire pet), but by default, there will be standard 'primary' and 'secondary' colors.

While skins/accents won't be genetic, these standard colors will be. My girl Savvy is helping me make a unique breeding system, where offspring can be any color in a range between the two parents. There can be any combination of primary/secondary colors.

For breeding purposes, the lighter shade of a color is recessive, while the darker shade is dominant. If both colors are recessive, however, there is a 50-50 chance the offspring may become a dominant, darker, shade instead. There is also going to be a tiny chance of melanism, albinism, and, for lack of a better word, 'monoism' (one of two shades of gray). Not having these is a dominate, default occurrence. But, for example, if you were to breed two melanistic pets together, all the offspring would also be melanistic. However, these traits will only effect the primary or secondary gene. So you can have 'albino' primary and 'melanistic' secondary, or, normal primary and 'albino' secondary, etc.
site statistics
Thanks to questions I posed on this thread, I was also able to recently make some additions to my /stats page. Check out the thread for hints on how to do so for yours, too!

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-19-2015 at 08:42 PM.