Thread: Novul
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,869
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Hey guys! It's been a while since I've given any progress updates. I've been caught up in some things. ^^;

Today I'm here to show off a prototype I constructed using Javascript for what I meant in my original list of wants by a 'daily stamp card'.

[ link ]

I used stock images because this is just an example test and I need to create my own images (which should inevitably be symbols, such as runes, that make sense for my site).

Anyway, the concept is this: once a day, from the home page, you'll be prompted to stamp your card. You can emulate this by pressing the stamp button on the prototype I linked. Notice that here you can stamp as many times as you like, but it will be once per day - one stamp per day, and you'll return to the same card day after day until it is finished.

So what's happening? Well it's going to pick a random symbol from those you have remaining and stamp out every instance of it. Your goal is to make a row as if you were playing Bingo - five over, down, or diagonally. (Keep clicking in the prototype to count how many days this takes!) Right now, nothing happens. When you finish your card, it refills it in a random order (you can also see this randomosity by refreshing the page!).

Example cards:
  • 7 days to the first row reward, on 8th day two more rows were obtained at once! card expires
  • on 7th day all three rows are obtained at once! card expires.
  • 8 days to the first row reward, on 10th day the second row is stamped, on the 11th day two more rows are stamped and the card is complete, with one bonus row!! card expires.

Or for an (incomplete) visual:

Each day a random symbol is chosen and every instance of that symbol is stamped. You will obtain 50 Aurum and 1 Gacha Token for each stamp made a day. There are three peaches on your card and peach was today's stamp? Then you collect 150 Aurum and 3 Gacha Tokens. These tokens will be used in the 'free' Gacha machine which needs 3 tokens to operate.

When a complete line (row across) the card is made, you get an additional prize (as of yet undetermined, possibly more Aurum). Once three lines are made the card is completed. A completed card will get you 1 Rues Gacha Token. The only other way to obtain Rues Gacha Tokens will be through paid currency. These tokens are used in the 'luxury' Gacha machine, which also requires 3 tokens to operate.

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-30-2015 at 03:54 PM.